1.    #1  
    Afer I have had time to use the 750v for a week, my impressions have changed somewhat.

As a device, I like it, except for the screen resolution. My eyesight is not great, but with the Treo 650, I could easily see the items on the screen even at night. The white on blue WM does not help. This is a big issue. I am trying to find a theme that is black letters on a white screen like the 650.

As I had mentioned before, the big issue for me is learning WM. So far, I am less than impressed. The Palm OS may be old, but it seems way better to me than WM. For example, I used Versamail on the T650 and it worked very well for me. The Email app that is built in to WM is a joke. A small example. When I want to delete email from a folder, I can either delete them one at a time, or go to Tools and delete all of the email in that account. This is ridiculous, On Versamail, I could do a Select All and delete all, or in Windows like fashion, Shift and Select and delete the items selected.

I looked at a 3rd party app, Flexmail, very much not ready for prime time. I purchased several WM apps such as Pocket Informant, Pocket Breeze, Contact Breeze, Flexmail, Wishbar Advance. I subsequently removed all of them except for the moment Pocket Informant. All these apps do is clutter the screen, and do not in fact make it easier to do what you want to do.

I compare this to products like Agendus which I used for several years.

So, I will keep using it in the hope that I will get used to WM, but I secretly wish for a 750 with Palm OS.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    What do you think of the reception compared to the 650?

I'm starting to feel like one we all know here at TC, who jumped in on every new 700p Thread to complain about some 'bug'.
    So I apologize if this question of mine is getting old.
    Just call me Berd.
    I agree for the most part. I love the 750 form factor, but I still think Palm OS is better in most respects. I'm still experimenting with programs but I agree that most of them are junk. They just add cluster and features and still are harder and slower to use. The email program is a bit of joke. I think Versamail does a much better job and has better options. Like delete all, like delete a mail but leave it on the server, like setting a schedule to retrieve on only certain times and days.

I've tried Pocket Informant but it's just too much. I could see living with the calendar part but I don't want it taking over my contacts (the only part of WM5 that I actually like). On the webis forums there is a mention of a new Pocket Informant Calendar which will be only the calendar part of PI. I might get that.

Yes, I really miss the Palm OS apps (especially the calendar!). I would get the 680 instead in a second if it had 3G, but sadly it doesn't. But boy do I love this form factor and finish!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I agree with you guys. In fact, I'm still experimenting with the 750v and am not using it for my regular phone yet (maybe ever?). As a phone, it's MUCH better than the 650. Just put and side-by-side and makes speakerphone calls and you can hear a dramatic difference. The form factor of the 750v is great but the 650 isn't that bad. My motivation in getting the 750v is a bit unique--I want a phone and e-mail device I can use when I go to Japan (several times a year.) The speed of 3G is nice but since I mostly use e-mail and other apps that download data, I don't care so much. I have to use Goodlink to get my company e-mail. On both WM and Palm OS, Goodlink hijacks many things but it seems worse on WM. The 650 was great--work e-mail through Goodlink and several personal accounts through Chatteremail. All push. On the 750v, it's a big step back.

Or my other choice I'm seriously thinking about is switching to the 3G Blackberry 8707.

At this point, I think I'll get the 680 when it comes out and use the 750v only if I need high speed internet access on a phone (not very often) or go to Japan. I hope the phone in the 680 is as good as the 750v. Now, I use the 650 mostly as a data device--forwarding all calls to my VZW v3c. I'd like to have just one device. If the 680 is good enough, I'll switch the service from T-mobile to Cingular to get coverage that is almost as good as VZW.

How could they let Palm OS just die? Please Access, hurry up with an alternative to WM.
  5.    #5  
    I cant say that I notice a discernible difference in reception between the 650 and 750. I do notice that the call volume seems to be better when I use Pocket Informant than without. It seems to add another component to the volume control.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    What do you think of the reception compared to the 650?

I'm starting to feel like one we all know here at TC, who jumped in on every new 700p Thread to complain about some 'bug'.
    So I apologize if this question of mine is getting old.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v