1. CK1
    Well, I took the pluge and joined the ranks of &00Wx. I'm still trying to get used to it and have a few let downs. I tried to look for some of these answers, but either I'm getting frustrated and skipped over them or I looked in the wrong places.

1. Is there a way to type a note on the desktop and have it sent to the 700Wx to it's respective folder?

2. I want to send pictures I take on the phone to another phone. When I try it prompts me to enter and e-mail address. All I want to do is send it to another phone. I have the EvDo and my wife has the PCS vision pkg. How do I do this? I mean not everyone else has this device so sending to e-mail accounts is stupid. Ahhhh, help me please.
    1. If you have set up Activesync correctly, it automatically synchronizes documents between your PC and the Treo. It only does this to one folder and subfolders by default, usually

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Treo Name My Documents

When installing activesync, it probably created a shortcut to the sync folder. Just drag files/folders into the snync folder, and a copy will appear on your treo next time you connect.

Synchronization means that changes in one of the two folders (Treo or PC) affect the other. Be careful about which copy has the info you really want. Other files/folders are not sync'd.

2. The Sprint 700wx does not ship with MMS (picture mail). Hard to believe I know. Emailing is the only option. Search this board for "MMS hack" and there is a version of arcsoft MMS that can be installed on the 700wx. There's also an effort to replace the built in SMS with an application from the 750 phone that would replace both SMS and provide a new MMS.

Or you can wait for Sprint to provide software updates

Good Luck
  3. CK1
    Holy Cow! are you telling me that with all this thing can do, I can't send a picture like I could using one of the dime a dozen camera phones out there? On the screen where it prompts me to send to a person, it asks to enter a phone number, or e-mail address. When I look up the person under contacts it just shows me the email addresses. MERCY!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Holy Cow! are you telling me that with all this thing can do, I can't send a picture like I could using one of the dime a dozen camera phones out there? On the screen where it prompts me to send to a person, it asks to enter a phone number, or e-mail address. When I look up the person under contacts it just shows me the email addresses. MERCY!
    pretty gay, huh.
    There are no programs that allow for this.
  6. CK1
    I like the phone but this seems really odd to me. I now have to use a hack and I'm so new to this that I'm sure I'm gonna mess it up.
    Is it possible to sind picture mail from outlook to a phone by using the SMS mail gateways that we've been using?

ie in the to field type: name@vtext.com

Or is mail gateway just for text? If so is there such a thing as an MMS mail gateway? I had the arcsoft working, but don't think it integrates well with everything else. Lots of memory also...

thanks..
    The reason why the 6700 and the 700wx don't have picturemail is because of Sprint's non-standard MMS service and the way WM5 works (or so I've heard). From what I see, most other carriers (Verizon, Cingular, and T-Mobile) just offer simple MMS, that is sending and receving pictures. Sprint on the other hand doesn't just give you MMS, but they store and host all your pictures, and you can even add pictures from your computer. It's kind of like photobucket for your phone, except it's from Sprint.

Now of course, with these extra features, can arise extra problems. From what I've heard, Sprint hasn't found a way to get WM5 devices to identify themselves specifically (so the server knows what settings to use, what account is being used, etc). Now obviously, evidenced by the MMS hacks available for the 6700 and 700wx, WM5 is capable of sending plain MMS's through Sprint's network, but it doesn't offer full Picturemail functionality. Sure Sprint could sell the phones with basic MMS, but I'm sure lots of customers would wonder why they can't manage their albums and whatnot, so they decided to not include it at all.

Of course, non of this is official fact, just my theory based off logical thoughts and posts from other forums that may or may not be reliable. Personally, I think that if Palm makes a ROM update for the 700wx, it will include the threaded text messaging application which should handle MMS also.