Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just spoke with someone from Verizon that actually tried to talk me out of this plan. They said I probably would not be happy with the 700W. The suggested the 6700 as an option.

I like the Treo form factor. I am used to holding and typing with the same hand and it actually is a requirement for me as I am an EMT and often use the phone to look up important information. I don't need full PocketPC software. Windows Mobile is enough for me.

I am looking for a few things from anyone that cares to respond...

1. Reliability. Does it crash often?
    2. Speaker volume. Is it clear enough and loud enough, both earpiece and speaker.
    3. Ease of use. I am used to my Palm (have been with Palm since it was US Robotics) but am willing to change for better application and email access.
    4. Outlook client... can you access Exchange server sites with it or only POP accounts? This is a work issue with my current Palm.

Any help is appreciated.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexInPA View Post
    I just spoke with someone from Verizon that actually tried to talk me out of this plan. They said I probably would not be happy with the 700W. The suggested the 6700 as an option.

I like the Treo form factor. I am used to holding and typing with the same hand and it actually is a requirement for me as I am an EMT and often use the phone to look up important information. I don't need full PocketPC software. Windows Mobile is enough for me.

I am looking for a few things from anyone that cares to respond...

1. Reliability. Does it crash often?
    2. Speaker volume. Is it clear enough and loud enough, both earpiece and speaker.
    3. Ease of use. I am used to my Palm (have been with Palm since it was US Robotics) but am willing to change for better application and email access.
    4. Outlook client... can you access Exchange server sites with it or only POP accounts? This is a work issue with my current Palm.

Any help is appreciated.
    Hello I hope this comment helps you.

I have a Treo 650 and I wanted to have a PPC phone as well and I thought the same as you that the 700w was the logical choice based on form factor. But after using it for a few days I found that a few of the apps that I wanted to use didnít support the screen res. of 240x240 I did end up returning the phone and getting the xv6700. I now do esn swaps whenever I feel like it online and I also went with the unlimited data plan (verizon). I must say that I am completely happy with my xv6700 the phone is quite a bit faster (responsiveness) than the 700w and I also appreciate having the wifi built in as well as the larger screen and keyboard. I am not saying that the 6700 is perfect because I have yet to find a perfect phone but I do think the 6700 is better than the 700w. I sure do hope that palm takes notice of comments like this and does something about the issues I had with the 700w because I like palm as a company. Oh and one more thing the 700w and the xv6700 are both manufactured by HTC so build quality is pretty much equal.

Tom
    as an emt, in any sort of loud situation you wont be able to hear anything on a 6700. the speaker volume even with hacks that people claim help is much below par. i dont consider myself to be biased in any way. i owned and used both phones (6700 and 700w) and i now use a blackberry.
    Our IT guys at work both use that 6700 and they really like that phone.