Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Last edited by jeffharris; 10/27/2006 at 08:36 PM.
    What's yours question? Do a hard reset and you pick the language you want.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i tried hard reset it but can't change language to English cause i doesn't see anywhere to change at all

any other method such as update rom ..?

thanks
    WOW, JeffHarris over here on T|C...man, I remember you from Esato when you first got a P800...even back in the T68 days...LOL
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    After a hard reset, you get asked to pick time zone, time, then language. Are you not seeing that or not seeing english as a choice. If you don't see these steps then you aren't doing a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by nhatkhoa View Post
    i tried hard reset it but can't change language to English cause i doesn't see anywhere to change at all

any other method such as update rom ..?

thanks
    Hi,I am writing this from Dubai

Last week I visited in Italy and bought a new Palm Treo 750v with an Italian operating system (Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0).

I want to convert the O/S to English instead of Italian.

Note: This Palm Model (Treo 750v) is not sold yet in Dubai.

Can you help us (If it is possible) to convert the O/S from Italian to English ?

Last week I visited in Italy and bought a new Palm Treo 750v with an Italian operating system (Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0).

Can you help us (If it is possible) to convert the O/S from Italian to English ?
    I'm not sure if there are different models in different countries. If you have hard reset, you will get a choice to set the time zone, time, and then language. But I don't know if all the models have all the languages or if there are different models with different languages. But the only way to change the language I believe is to hard reset. To hard reset, hold the red power button, push the reset button under the mini-SD cover, release the rest button, and after a couple of seconds release the power button. On screen you should see "erase? up - yes, down - no". Push the 5-pad d-pad up and it will hard erase and after a few seconds take you through these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Golf View Post

Many thanks for your reply....however not much luck ! After the hard reset the only language options are Italiano (Italia) and Italiano (Svizzera).......... I guess I'll start Italian lessons tomorrow !!
    Thanks you once again.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I'm not sure if there are different models in different countries. If you have hard reset, you will get a choice to set the time zone, time, and then language. But I don't know if all the models have all the languages or if there are different models with different languages. But the only way to change the language I believe is to hard reset. To hard reset, hold the red power button, push the reset button under the mini-SD cover, release the rest button, and after a couple of seconds release the power button. On screen you should see "erase? up - yes, down - no". Push the 5-pad d-pad up and it will hard erase and after a few seconds take you through these questions.
    I've experienced the same problem on an HP iPaq 6515 and the problems are similar. Apparently you need to reload the OS image with Windows CE (or whatever they are calling it these days!) in order to change languages.I love my new Italian-language Treo 750v and like the iPaq as well, but it would be nice to be able to easily change languages like I can on my cellphone or my Mac. Perhaps the real benefit of the iPhone will be the port of OS X to portable devices, then (assuming Apple licenses it), we'll finally have a nextgen OS for our portable devices.
    I finally gave up........ dumped the Troe 750 (Italian OS) in the Dubai Creek, and got myself a Treo 680. In anycase, the Palm OS is the USP for the Treo in my opinion.

Thanks to all those who tried to help me change the Italian OS to Eng OS for my treo 750 !!

Golf
    Kortez,

My loss...and thanks for your reply.

Golf
    Hi Kortez,

How did u do it, and from where did you get the english firmware.

Thanks

regards,

smmonla
    thanks alot.

one last question is there a way i can buckup my rom? so that if needed reinstall it back.

Thanks

smmonla
    hi everyone!

i got a little prob bout my new treo 680...

i bought it a few days ago here in rome,, and i want to change the language to english because it is italian, and i have a little prob bout italian..

is there any possibilities of changing the language?

and if there's no any chances of changing language, can i change the italian software to english?

can anybody help me pls?

i g0t head-aches of trying to change it but i don't know how...

thanks...

i hope someone can help me on it..
  16. LFA
    Hi smmonla,

Did you have any problem in your Treo SmartPhone since you change the language?
    I Have the same problem another guy told you, my Treo 750 V is in Italian and I want to change it to English.

Do you have any recomendations?

Thanks a lot
  17. LFA
    Kortz,
    I tried to change the firmware of my Treo 750V like you just explain, but i didnt succeed. To be honest, I dont even know if i folow the steps correctly.
    Can you help me?
    By the way, do you have an English version of the instructions?

Thanks
    Hi LFA,

I changes my firmware hopping that it solves my reception issue.
    Since it did not do that, I put my treo in the drawer.

But beside the reception problem, it was good.

regards
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    Hi Kortez, the ROM you provide above, what's the software version and firmware version? n what's the difference betweeen this one and the cingular october version? thx
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    regenthigh
    Software - 1.12-VF*
    Firmware - 1.12.0c.00

Cingular's is older - and doesn't contain AKU 2.6 (it fixes several things, which only MS know about).
    thanks for the prompt reply. is this the latest version? i load the cingular older version, the software and firmware verison also 1.12. the 1.16 version has been released, right? i am based in CHina, with the cingular verison, whenever i receive a message in chinese with the "." as the ending, my phone hang. and i heard the 1.16versionn can solve this problem. teh weired thing is i download the 1.16 updater and tried to update from PC, teh screen shows that "this application is only for TREO 750 smartphone"! it doesn't recognize my phone!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast