1.    #1  
    I found that keeping Agile Messenger open all day drains my battery. I can go almost 9 hours before the battery actually dies with it open, but when it's close I can easily do 12 hours. Has anyone else noticed this? It has nothing to do with if you're actually chatting or not. Just having the program open and signed in causes drain.

I'm tempted to try another chat program at this point.
    Just got my 700wx yesterday (love it by the way), and i installed both verichat and agile on it. I took my phone off the charger at 9am with verichat running in the background all day, along with push mail, and my phone lasted from 9am till 12 midnight exactly. Didnt let it turn off, but it was at like 2% battery life left.

Anyway, for like 30 minutes today, i turned off verichat and used agile messenger, and i noticed it draining the battery alot faster. The battery % was doing down faster with agile than with verichat for similar time periods. So i closed it and went back to verichat.

So i would try verichat and compare.
    Having Agile open causes constant data connection going in and out which in return drains your battery.
  4.    #4  
    Doesn't Verichat cost $25 a year? How does their free trail period work? I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $25 a year to save a little battery life. I'd rather buy an extended battery and an extra charger before doing that.
    Agile is a huge battery hog but as an IM client, it's pretty good. Verichat has the option of using SMS to wake it up rather than constantly using the data connection. Unfortunately, for those of us using the new threaded SMS, we can't use this feature of Verichat because it misses the SMS to wake it up.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    I found that keeping Agile Messenger open all day drains my battery. I can go almost 9 hours before the battery actually dies with it open, but when it's close I can easily do 12 hours. Has anyone else noticed this? It has nothing to do with if you're actually chatting or not. Just having the program open and signed in causes drain.

I'm tempted to try another chat program at this point.
    i only turn it on when i need it, usually for an hour or two at a time.

as for battery drain, you'll notice that the back of the fone gets warm... same warmness when you turn on the bluetooth (discoverable setting). so when it's warm, you know it's draining energy from the battery and converting it to heat. that's why i always carry an extra battery on me.
  7.    #7  
    How do you keep that spare battery charged? Given that it takes a few hours to fully charge the phone, I would think you'd need a separate charger as well right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Agile is a huge battery hog but as an IM client, it's pretty good. Verichat has the option of using SMS to wake it up rather than constantly using the data connection. Unfortunately, for those of us using the new threaded SMS, we can't use this feature of Verichat because it misses the SMS to wake it up.
    Correction!!:

Verichat NOW works with the NEW Palm Threaded SMS program that was updated last night! AFAI can tell, every SMS is handled by the system now and it hands it off to Verichat just like the old way.

Having said that I don't even IM that much but I consider Verichat the best IM client out there. It saves batteries, it's easy to use, etc.

The ONLY issue I and some others have noticed (and that pdaapps is looking into) is that on occasion it requires 2 messages sent to you to "wake up the device" via the SMS method.

My way around this is a) either let people know that when I'm mobile (via the away message) to IM me twice, jik or 2) put the "directions" in the away message.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Correction!!:

Verichat NOW works with the NEW Palm Threaded SMS program that was updated last night! AFAI can tell, every SMS is handled by the system now and it hands it off to Verichat just like the old way.
    What app is this that was updated? link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone`` View Post
    What app is this that was updated? link?
    Go here:
    http://ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms-is-...0-28-t978.html

You'll need Resco Explorer or Total Commander, make sure you show hidden system files to copy over.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    How do you keep that spare battery charged? Given that it takes a few hours to fully charge the phone, I would think you'd need a separate charger as well right?
    i use an oem Palm desktop charger, it has a hidden bay that charges a second battery. you can find great deals on them.