1.    #1  
    Whats everyone. Just joined the forum. I ordered a 700wx over the phone with Sprint SERO. It should arrive sometime next week. Dumping my T-Mobile 7100. I was actually a Sprint customer for four years a few years ago. Coming back home.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this site. I work fulltime as a Microsoft Exchange Administrator so I will be setting this up with DirectPush at my job. I already have it running on some other handhelds (Qs, 8125s, and other Treos). I hope this phone is "moddable" because I plan on tweaking it.

I just hope the voice quality of this phone is good. My Blackberry was absolute junk if I had to make a phone call from a loud place. I work in a bar on the side and its impossible for me to use the 7100 at the bar with the loud music. Ear volume was too low and whenever I talked it came out garbled on the recipient's end.

I am going to try it out for a week or two. Assuming all goes well... i'll port my TMO number over.
    good luck. i have only had the 700p and the 700wx treos. people say thay are better than the 600 - 650's with no need for volume care, but my friends say that when thay talk to me while im i noisy places thay here EVERYTHING. i can hear them allright it just thay say thay have a hard time hearing me over all the other noises thay here from my end. does bother me a bit as long as i can hear. sound is a lot better than others HTC phones i have used (8125).
    DjPiLL, let us know how your push experience goes with Exchange. My 2003 Exchange SP2 is a little slow on pushing sometimes. I came from using SSL IMAP on a 700p through the same exchange server and message delivery was almost instant. Now that I have a wx and am using activesync, it takes anywhere from a few minutes up to around 10 minutes. It's not bad, but its slower that the Chatter push I was used to.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    DjPiLL, let us know how your push experience goes with Exchange. My 2003 Exchange SP2 is a little slow on pushing sometimes. I came from using SSL IMAP on a 700p through the same exchange server and message delivery was almost instant. Now that I have a wx and am using activesync, it takes anywhere from a few minutes up to around 10 minutes. It's not bad, but its slower that the Chatter push I was used to.

I have about 6 devices already on my network using push. They all get email delivered more or less instantly. Sometimes there is a minute or two delay depending if the device is "sleeping" or not. But usually is pretty quick.

I'll let you know.
    After tinkering around with my Exchange server with no luck, I hard reset my wx and set up my exchange mail again. Delivery is almost instant, so it looks like some program or setting caused the issue on the Treo end. Guess I will be reinstalling apps today

EDIT: I ended up removing the OTA sync association on my Treo and it prompted me to remove all the mail it synced. I did this and then set it back up again. Now mail pushes to me fast as it should. I must have had a corrupt inbox or something on my Treo.
    Last edited by stroths; 10/29/2006 at 07:12 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer