1.    #1  
    I'm surprised many aren't using this application here... upon a search, I didn't find hardly any info about it. Does it not work on the Treos? Is it that bad?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/minimo/
    I tried it on my I-Mate PDA2 earlier today and I don't think it's worth using over IE. It took forever to load, used up lots of memory, and doesn't use the screen space as well as IE, and is kinda sluggish. I don't know if it'll be any different on a Treo, but my experience wasn't that great.
  3.    #3  
    I'll pass on trying it then. Thanks.
    I know you already said you'd pass, but to add my experiences...

As a Firefox fan I had to give this a try and I have to say it's very poorly implimented. First of all, it's bloat-ware. A 7mb+ executable, very slow. I did manage to UPX to 3mb and it sped it up a bit, but still not fast, doesn't even beat a non-UPX'd opera mobile.

It doesn't use the softkeys so you gotta have your stylus out to do anything. Fairly Cumbersome

This thing needs better support and direction from the open source community if it's ever going to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    I know you already said you'd pass, but to add my experiences...

As a Firefox fan I had to give this a try and I have to say it's very poorly implimented. First of all, it's bloat-ware. A 7mb+ executable, very slow. I did manage to UPX to 3mb and it sped it up a bit, but still not fast, doesn't even beat a non-UPX'd opera mobile.

It doesn't use the softkeys so you gotta have your stylus out to do anything. Fairly Cumbersome

This thing needs better support and direction from the open source community if it's ever going to be competitive.
    I agree. If you want to try an alternative browser, take a look a Opera Mobile.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)