Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have 2 friends that work for Cingular...one in sales, the other is a store manager. They both separately told me the tentative release date is NOV 24, but NO LATER than Dec 13. They said b/c of the bugs their trying to get out. They'll call me as soon as they receive shipment, I can't wait!!!

I just took back the Nokia E62 I bought, nice service, and easy to use.....but waaaay to big of a phone...that thing is huge! Plus no camera, stylus...and I want windows!!!

My friends also said the 680 was still a possible release, on the 21st of Dec, but its far out as far as getting the kinks out and getting all the contracts in line with Palm...if the treo 750 sells good, they wont release the 680 for a while. 750 will def. be first to be released though.

Bring on the 750 already!!! I can't wait any longer!!!!

O, PS...my friend said the price should be around 299 w/ 2 year contract...guess well see....
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Since the 680 will have an update for PTT, and the TyTn runs WM and has PTT capability, is there any reason why the 750 won't have PTT, but its cheaper 680 does? I searched around the web and found no details.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    Since the 680 will have an update for PTT
    And where you get this info??? Any link?? Any source??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    Since the 680 will have an update for PTT, and the TyTn runs WM and has PTT capability, is there any reason why the 750 won't have PTT, but its cheaper 680 does? I searched around the web and found no details.
    I read a rumor that it would. For the reasons you just stated, I believe it will have PTT. At least in a future update if not in the initial release. Of course I have no actual data to confirm this do don't hold me to it. I hope it does.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkimckinley View Post
    I have 2 friends that work for Cingular...one in sales, the other is a store manager. They both separately told me the tentative release date is NOV 24, but NO LATER than Dec 13. They said b/c of the bugs their trying to get out. They'll call me as soon as they receive shipment, I can't wait!!!

I just took back the Nokia E62 I bought, nice service, and easy to use.....but waaaay to big of a phone...that thing is huge! Plus no camera, stylus...and I want windows!!!

My friends also said the 680 was still a possible release, on the 21st of Dec, but its far out as far as getting the kinks out and getting all the contracts in line with Palm...if the treo 750 sells good, they wont release the 680 for a while. 750 will def. be first to be released though.

O, PS...my friend said the price should be around 299 w/ 2 year contract...guess well see....

I have to say that the E61/62 is not huge, just a little wider than my 650. The 750 is obviously thicker than the E62, so they balance each other out. One is wider and the other is thicker.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have to say that the E61/62 is not huge, just a little wider than my 650. The 750 is obviously thicker than the E62, so they balance each other out. One is wider and the other is thicker.
    Yea, You're right about the thickness...I compared to the 650 they had in the store and its about an inch wider...but the thickness is what is so bad...yea, its thin, but remember those phones that secretaries had that had the thingie on it so they could lean on the phone and talk without holding the phone...vertually impossible to do that with the thin phones, i prefer the thickness of the treo. Its just easier to put it to your ear. Also, the screen is nice on the e62, but not a touch pad...may be a good thing because of wearing them out...but trying to make the toggle button press a specific button on a webpage. ..pretty impossible, its just a pain to not have a touchpad.
    Will you be getting the new 750?
    No offense but I don't believe a word of this.

1.) Everybody else is reported that it's the 680 first and then 750 for Cingular. You are saying the opposite. Additionally everyone is saying that 680 is very likely this month and you are saying next year.
    2.) $299 for a 750v with contract. You are smoking something good there. I was in a store this weekend. A Motorola V3i (iTunes V3) is $250 with a two year contract. A UMTS WM5 smartphone/PDA is $50 more? Sorry but you/they are completely confused or just lying.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but this is so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkimckinley View Post

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I agree - I have read everything I have been able to, this post stands out like a pink elephant.
    Jer 23:29
    Maybe they got the 680 and the 750 mixed up since they do look similar if you don't turn them on. Cingular people can be clueless as we all know.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It looks like the 750 won't come to Cingular until January at the earliest. It's appearently 'not going well.'
    I'm going to seriously consider getting the 750v.
    I just got the 8525 to tide me over. I hope I get it by tomorrow. Nice lil' gift for myself for taking the final part of the CPA exam
    Are they in stores or did you order online? Also any idea as to where you can get the 8525 unlocked?

I found something on XDA Developers. Anyone use it yet?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/16/2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Update for unlocking 8525.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Are they in stores or did you order online? Also any idea as to where you can get the 8525 unlocked?

I found something on XDA Developers. Anyone use it yet?
    premier site. I get it tomorrow, but I don't really have a need to unlock it since I plan on using it with cingular. The phone isn't worth it to me on T-Mobile because of no 3G data.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 11/17/2006 at 12:34 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123