Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This remains to be seen. The phone is unlocked but not unbranded. It's possible that it would be recognized as a Vodaphone version and other carriers ROM may not be installable. I do know about the Cingular ROM that is floating around, but I doubt any future upgrades will use the same mechanism, it sounds far too risky a method for customer upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    An unlocked phone is the best possible scenario. You have the freedom of applying any carriers ROM update or Palm's OEM update (if available).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Where does one get the TyTN for Cingular?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    It's the same as the Cingular 8525 - due on sale anyday. Essentially a faster 8125, currently in stores.
    Jer 23:29
    For what it's worth, my Cingular business rep told me yesterday that they are trying for a late November release for the 750. However, he said they are still testing, and he would not be suprised to see a push back until December or even January.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    Where does one get the TyTN for Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    It's the same as the Cingular 8525 - due on sale anyday. Essentially a faster 8125, currently in stores.
    If only this were true. It appears the 8525 is missing the front-facing (2nd) camera present on the "non-OEM" TyTN (and Trinity/P3600 as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by edmc View Post
    If only this were true. It appears the 8525 is missing the front-facing (2nd) camera present on the "non-OEM" TyTN (and Trinity/P3600 as well).

Whoops - forgot the front facing camera - because in the US that is not even on the radar.
    Jer 23:29
    Gizmodo predicts the phone won't be released for awhile due to compatibility issues and I have always found this blog to be reliable.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellp...ild-211468.php
    They are testing....

I called almost every Cingular store here in CT and they all say Treo 750 has a release date of the last week of November or worst case scenerio beginning of December. I am hoping but almost positive it will be thanksgiving. One of the store's manager's (company owned cingular store) said he is expecting a release before thanksgiving. He said he has been receving calls all week so far about the release.

We are all anxiously waiting for the release date..Cingular, if you are watching this forum like I know you are please let us know..your guranteed to make alot of money off of all of us!!!!
    Palm Treo 650 UN-leaded (Cingular)
    Waiting For: Treo 750 (PLEASE?)

I will not lose...
    What does Gizmodo say to all of us using the 750 on Cingular with no problems?
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    My bad - stability, not compatibility problems. The dangers of writing posts from work.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm guessing you mean the little box below the 680 "review" that says 750v December?

Well, I guess we will all see. I'd like it sooner rather than later so I can get batteries, spare stylus, and HSDPA! But my gut still tells me January. Why do you release a new expensive phone in December? Nobody in their right mind releases a new product just before Christmas, you either do it well enough in advance or in January.

Hope I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    For what its worth, last saturday I stopped in the local cingular store. When I asked about the 680, he went in the back and got the fake to show me. More importantly, he also showed a price sheet he had just gotten. It showed that the 750 would be released on the 16th of this month. He told me I was better waiting for the 750 because of the 3g.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    It passed FCC review, so it can't be far now.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...es-fcc-muster/
    This FCC thing is ridiculous. The 750v sitting in my hand has an FCC approval sticker in it already. It was clearly approved a long time ago. If it hadn't been FCC approved importers couldn't legally be selling the Vodaphone 750v.
    My business rep told me Nov 17 for the 750.
    Just another piece in the gambling puzzle...
    (At that rate, we cover all possible dates -- someone's bound to end up being correct!)

Cheers,
    Zevi.
    ok, so what dates AREN'T guessed yet?
    hi i live on the island of ST.Thoma US Virgin Islands and i check with my rep who told me sometime today or by monday the latest. He showed me the price list and yes it will is price high to include the two year contract with them. All i remembered isthe price for the two year contract is 300.00. They are only bring in three of them for now. I already paid my 300.00 for my 750 to upgrade from the 650 i will let you know how it works down here
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Actually, the price that was on a price sheet that the cingular rep showed me said $499 with a 100 mail in rebate and of course, unlimited data. Personally, for me I'm waiting for the 750 no matter what since my area is 3g. If the 680 had 3g or wifi then it would be my choice.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I stopped by my cingular store coming home from work and got some good news. The manager happened to wait on me and said they had a hardware meeting thursday and he told me "Soon".

I asked if they were still selling the 650 and he said hasn't been allowed to replenish stock since last week. And then was nice enough to add that a Palm rep on the hardware call said one available before Thanksgiving and one before Christmas.

I told him I'd be back next week.

The end is in sight!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast