1.    #1  
    I'm seeing on one 750v a problem turning the phone on. If the phone is off, about once a day when I press the red button down and hold to turn the phone on, the phone power on screen comes on and after a few seconds returns to the today screen but the phone is still off. Pressing and holding the red button after this doesn't do anything. Going to wireless manager and telling it to turn the phone on brings up the phone power on screen for a few seconds but the phone remains off. The only to fix this to soft-reset or pull the battery. After that it seems to work fine and turn the phone on and off again several times works OK. Then sometime later the problem will happen again.

Anyone else seeing anything like this? Another unit I have doesn't seem to do this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a bad feeling you got a buggy model. Is this the same phone with the wifi card problems? Are they going to let you return it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Haven't had that problem when I've turned mine on/off. But, I never turn my phone off so I haven't done it often.
    Brandon
  4.    #4  
    Actually no this isn't the one I had wifi problems on. I think the wifi problems are a bad card since it at first worked OK on a second 750v, then started having the same problems as on the first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have a bad feeling you got a buggy model. Is this the same phone with the wifi card problems? Are they going to let you return it?
    I have not encountered any problems with turning the phone off or on.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
  6.    #6  
    The odd thing is that if I try and try to make it have this error, then it works correctly everytime. But when I turned it on this morning for the first time, it had the same problem again. It's happened probably a total of 3 or 4 times so far. I suppose it could be a random error but it's odd. I've actually seen my 700p do a similar thing many times. Press the phone to turn on and it doesn't get turned on. But I think everytime it happened, I could try again and it would work. On the 750v when it's gotten this problem the only way to get the phone on was to soft-reset. Very strange.
    Indeed very strange. I have not encountered these problems myself.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I have not experienced these problems either and I put the phone off every night. Since the problem has just appeared and you have it on another of your phones it may have something to do with some third party software you may have installed. Since this just started happening you may want to check if you have installed any software recently that could be causing this issue.
  9.    #9  
    Can't be any common third party since one is Palm OS and one is WM5. My other 750v isn't doing this and the one with the problem only has a couple of program (SplashID, SplashPhoto, Sprite Backup) that the other 750v has also. I'm going to try it for a day or so more but if it continues doing it I'm going to have to see about returning it.
    Curiously I experienced something like what you describe yesterday. No matter how much I pressed the red button the phone would not turn on. I could not even get the phone settings to work. Did a soft reset a number of times and that did not work. Finally did a hard reset and backup and it is fine. This happened just after a scheduled backup and I think I have used up too much memory on the device. I have freed some up now - hopefully this won't happen again.
  11.    #11  
    Interesting. That's the first time I've heard anyone else say this. For me a soft reset fixed except once, when I had to soft reset twice.