1.    #1  
    My "W" key/button will not work 20% of the time I press it. I'm trying to figure out if this is a software issue or a hardware issue as I need to get a replacement device if it's hardware.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I had the same issue on my previous 700w on the "a" key. It's a hardware thing. Get it replaced.
    OP,

Which device are you using? W or WX? On my WX, my W works without problem, 100% of the time (knock on wood)....
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I agree w/the hardware issue.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    It doesn't really matter which device it is. A key that malfunctions some of the time is a hardware related issue, and not an uncommon one in any consumer electronic. You should replace the device under warranty ASAP.
    It does matter which device it is. It's more likely to occur to a Verizon W than a Sprint WX if the original poster stated he had a W. The WX came after the W, hardware improvements may occur over time, that's why I asked. Any of you greybeard treo owners remember the "P" key?

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    My "W" key/button will not work 20% of the time I press it. I'm trying to figure out if this is a software issue or a hardware issue as I need to get a replacement device if it's hardware.

Sounds like the "W" key is retaliating for all of the anti Bush (W) rhetoric you have been spewing for the last few years .

On the serious side my co-worker had an issue with the "W" key and he got a replacement.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    It does matter which device it is. It's more likely to occur to a Verizon W than a Sprint WX if the original poster stated he had a W. The WX came after the W, hardware improvements may occur over time, that's why I asked.
    I can't imagine that there is much if any difference between the keyboard of a W and a WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    Sounds like the "W" key is retaliating for all of the anti Bush (W) rhetoric you have been spewing for the last few years .
    Now now...play nice...we are all in the same Treo family, just a bit diverse...but that's a good thing..

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

On the serious side my co-worker had an issue with the "W" key and he got a replacement.
    it could be the W because it's the "W"indows version.

***Scampers off to check his "P" key
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    I can't imagine that there is much if any difference between the keyboard of a W and a WX.
    I was just using simple logic, that if the problem was of a W model, it would likely be more of a W problem than of a WX problem.

The internal part of the keyboard, if not the entire motherboard may improved over time and the W was the past, the WX is the present. So while you think it doesn't matter, I seem to think it does. That's all I really wanted to point out...

Quote Originally Posted by truoc444 View Post

***Scampers off to check his "P" key
    Ahh..good to see a fellow Treo 650 on board... Man I really miss my old 650...

13.    #13