1.    #1  
    One afternoon, I plugged my phone into the charger and charged until the light was green. After the light was green and while still plugged in, I downloaded some email and did several other task, however the light stayed green the whole time. It puzzled me why the phone wasn't keeping the battery topped off.

Therefore, I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in, and sure enough the light turned red and stayed red for about 30 minutes!

Why doesn't the phone keep itself topped off when connected to the charger?

Upon this discovery, I will now unplug and plug the phone up again in the morning to top off the battery before taking it out to work.

If my assumptions are correct, then if the phone completed it's charging at 12am, by 8am, it's been running off battery power for 8 hours - before my day has started! hmmmm
    I've noticed this as well. Very annoying. But is the problem the charger, the phone hardware, or software?
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I've noticed this as well. Very annoying. But is the problem the charger, the phone hardware, or software?
    I third that... Funny thing is, all Treo's of the same generation ALWAYS act different from carrier to carrier and variant to variant. Makes you wonder what is the real culprit?
  4.    #4  
    Perhaps it has something to do with the lithium battery...
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Perhaps it has something to do with the lithium battery...
    Hmmmm. I do have a third party batt in. Anyone experiencing this with the factory batt?
  6.    #6  
    Yes
    I find it takes FOREVER to charge my 700wx. I am usually running Agile and emails are being apparently pushed to my imap account (even though I only have it set to sync every hour, figure that one out!!!). Last night I plugged it in when I got home. Battery was at 24%. 2 hours of charging only got me to 33%. I guess some of the data hogging apps keep your battery challenged all of the time. My 700p never took this long to charge even using Verichat and Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    I find it takes FOREVER to charge my 700wx. I am usually running Agile and emails are being apparently pushed to my imap account (even though I only have it set to sync every hour, figure that one out!!!). Last night I plugged it in when I got home. Battery was at 24%. 2 hours of charging only got me to 33%. I guess some of the data hogging apps keep your battery challenged all of the time. My 700p never took this long to charge even using Verichat and Chatter.
    If you use outlook you are probably suffering from the double-settings issue with the push email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    If you use outlook you are probably suffering from the double-settings issue with the push email.
    Oh, I was not aware of that. Is there a thread on this somewhere? I don't mind having Push email. I just didn't realize I could get it without some 3rd party Email program. Believe me, I never set it up to push. I like it but it might be draining my battery.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Push email saves more battery than a regular outlook check.
    Maybe this would be better addressed in a separate thread but how did I get Push email using Outlook with just an imap account from work? I don't have Exchange set up. I was using this IMAP account with Chatter on my 700p and had Push Email then but why is it working on my 700wx? I have Outlook set only to sync every hour and yet every time an email is sent, it shows up on my Treo before it shows up on my desktop. I tested it sending stuff to myself and I get it right away, not on the scheduled sync time. I am not complaining, just surprised.
    Maybe this would be better addressed in a separate thread but how did I get Push email using Outlook with just an imap account from work? I don't have Exchange set up. I was using this IMAP account with Chatter on my 700p and had Push Email then but why is it working on my 700wx? I have Outlook set only to sync every hour and yet every time an email is sent, it shows up on my Treo before it shows up on my desktop. I tested it sending stuff to myself and I get it right away, not on the scheduled sync time. I am not complaining, just surprised.
    I'd like to know how that's happening as well as that's what I expect out of IMAP. Not this 'every x minutes' crap from Pocket Outlook.
    Outlook alone does not support push.

This works for me

www.vgsmail.com/ppc

Make sure you visit the forum and install exactly how it is instructed. Use the trial for a few days and see how you like it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Outlook alone does not support push.

This works for me

www.vgsmail.com/ppc

Make sure you visit the forum and install exactly how it is instructed. Use the trial for a few days and see how you like it...
    Well, for something that doesn't support Push, I am getting Push. I don't know why, I just am. I did nothing special to set it up. I did not get any 3rd party software. I just send something to my imap account and it shows up on my 700wx in Outlook. I am perplexed as to why but I like it better than the 1 time per hour sync that I thought I had set up.
    I realized this soon after I got my 700w in March. Now I have Sprite setup to backup at 5:30 am to give 30-45 min of additional charging before I get up. The reset cycles the charging and allows the phone to charge again. So stupid if you ask me.