1.    #1  
    I have bluetooth set off to save battery life,. but it keeps turning on spontaneously. Suggestions?
    And I wish mine would stay on...go figure.

Do you use phonealarm?
  3.    #3  
    yes, and it keep lighting up that it is on. And I never use bluetooth!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I have a BT problem that I think is related to PA, too. I find that I get a spinning wait symbol when I try to switch BT on, but that it doesn't turn on most of the time. And, when I look at my PA skin, I see the bluetooth icon showing it is on--when BT is actually not on.
    Seems that something in my PA settings is causing BT to stick endlessly when I try to activate it. I must have some other software conflicting with PA.
    Multiple reinstall, uninstall, and restoring from backup files won't help.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I noticed when I first started using PhoneAlarm the default Car profile was set to turn BT "On" and the others were set to "Leave Unchanged". You can see what would happen when I switched to Car and back to another profile. BT would turn on and stay on. Could that be happening to you?

Greg
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi Greg-

I actually modified all of my profiles to turn off BT to see if PA could actully stop the attempt at turning on BT. It didn't help.

I can't say for sure that PA is involved in this problem, because I have a lot of apps installed, and I don't know of anyone else having this same problem.

I'm in the process of doing a real hard reset and reinstalling my apps, and trying to minmize what I use.

I really can't do without my BT GPS and my Push Email, but much of the rest--aside from a few necessary utilities--are not "critical."

Fingers crossed!

One thing I would add, though: I find WM5 BT to be much less usable than my old WM2003SE on my Dell Axim X50v PPC. I never had BT problems with that device, but my Treo and my former 8125 PPC Phone each were a pain the the a-- when using BT and my GPS.
    Your GPS program may be turning it on if you have a bluetooth GPS receiver. I really think its phonealarm though, not set correctly
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Your GPS program may be turning it on if you have a bluetooth GPS receiver. I really think its phonealarm though, not set correctly
    I wish my GPS BT receiver would turn it on. Unfortunately, nothing would turn it on.

And, I'm not sure how PA isn't set correctly either. I've tried changing profile settings to turn off BT, to turn on BT, to leave unchanged, etc.

Anyhow, still in the middle of restoring after a real hard reset. (i.e., not using a backup file, but reinstalling all necessary apps.)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Just an update to my earlier problem. Phone Alarm is not the problem. After more experimenting, I think something on my machine conflicts with the MMS Patch from pocketpcgeeks. Recently reinstalled it and after a few hours, the earlier problem that had existed BEFORE that November hard reset started again. And, I had been using PA with no problems since.