1.    #1  
    Do you think WM will ever get a higher resolution screen to match the 700p?
    I think it was on these forums, in fact...in the Future Treos board...that someone said either WM Crossbow or Photon (probably the later) will support custom resolutions, including 320x320.
    Or it'll go higher...480x480.

It's more a matter of cost for the 480x480 screens than do-ability. laurenke is right about 320x320, currently a software limitation.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    WM goes up to 640 x 480, but obviously its only on rectangular screens. So yeah, I think it'll be done. One day!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    WM goes up to 640 x 480, but obviously its only on rectangular screens. So yeah, I think it'll be done. One day!
    yeah yeah. Maybe on year 2015 lol. Considering it's palm its a fair bet. Just look at wifi for example.

I would expect something like that from HTC sooner.
  6.    #6  
    I put the same picture on both my 700w and 700p (testing them both), and it is GORGEOUS on the p, dull on the w. The brightness is so much less as well as the detail on the w. Very disappointing.
    As posted earlier WM is capable of doing 480 x 480 as is. The issue right now is the increased cost of an LCD supprting the higher resolution.

Once the higher res LCDs drop in price I'm sure we'll see a device with better resolution...even from Palm.