Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    This is probably an inherent memory problem, but I have been noticing more that my 700w hangs all the time when "trying" to load webpages....especially those pages that are large (the majority of pages these days). Even with the memory fix hack, then PIE is the only app running, I often need to soft reset to get PIE "unstuck". This makes websurfing practially impossible, without having to "avoid large websites" or multiple soft-resets. Do people with 700wx have this problem?
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    700wx here and I don't usually have this problem. It never happened to me when I only had pie running, and it did happen a couple of times when i was listening to mp3's and had a lot running on the background and my mp3 stuttered, but it didn't require a soft reset.

Why don't you try a hard reset? Backup it with sprite if you ever want to restore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo View Post
    This is probably an inherent memory problem, but I have been noticing more that my 700w hangs all the time when "trying" to load webpages....especially those pages that are large (the majority of pages these days). Even with the memory fix hack, then PIE is the only app running, I often need to soft reset to get PIE "unstuck". This makes websurfing practially impossible, without having to "avoid large websites" or multiple soft-resets. Do people with 700wx have this problem?
    you didn't move the PIE cache to the storage card, did you?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    you didn't move the PIE cache to the storage card, did you?
    No, I didn't. (tried it before, and it made things worse) thx
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Which sites are you browsing? Perhaps someone can try duplicating the problem.
    Did you try deleting the cache? Sounds like memory problems.

You can also disable cache w/tweaks2k2, and I'm sure if you search you can find a registry edit to do this as well
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    What else are you running? With no today screen plugins, right after a soft reset you should be getting about 11-12MB of memory in use, 12-13MB free. If your free memory is below 10MB, then yes PIE will crash a lot. Try installing Oxios hibernate, and map it to one of the buttons, so you can free up some extra memoery when you need it.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Which sites are you browsing? Perhaps someone can try duplicating the problem.

ok, if a 700wx user can try surfing to:
    www.target.com

and try loading the whole page, and try navigating around the site...

my PIE on my 700w slows to a crawl, and is virtually useless....

I only have essential today plugins loaded, and my cache is not stored on my card.
    I also tried deleting the cache...
    And yes, I have Oxios installed.

thx
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Just tried going in there with PIE, no hangs whatsoever,Very smooth.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Jdoc- are you using a 700w or 700wx?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone know the registry edits to disable PIE Cache? I did a search, but came back w nothing. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Anyone know the registry edits to disable PIE Cache? I did a search, but came back w nothing. Thanks.
    Doesn't exist. It was a 2003 hack that doesn't stick w/WM 5.0. Limit the cache to a smaller size, that should help, if not fix, your problem.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo View Post
    Jdoc- are you using a 700w or 700wx?
    wx
    About halft the time, my PIE starts to load and screen, and then just goes away. Like it closes or something. The only way I can get PIE to work is if I do a soft reset. Then it behaves. I'm on a 700W.

Anyone else seeing this?

Anyone know a solution other than the soft reset everytime I want to surf the web?

THanks,