Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Treo 750w is coming and CompUSA is getting ready to sell them!

< < Edit by Septimus: Please don't repost other sites' content without explicit permission. Andrew worked pretty hard on his chart - he should get credit for it. Go to TreoNauts to see chart > >
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Did you read the NOTE under the pricing????
  3.    #3  
    The images of the price tag are from CompUSA. They are printing out price tags, getting ready to sell them. Did you miss the 3 photos?

It's wrong. Not correct.

Treo 750w comes with AKU 2.3.2.

Convienently, the 700wx comes with AKU 2.2.

Question: does CompUSA currently sell the 700wx?

And how the heck does it have Edge and EVDO technology?!?!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I had to check my calendar to see if it was 4/1/06... lol...

Thanks for the heads up..!! And I hope it's true! Any other info? Like where you got the pictures? Who took the pictures? etc....
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's wrong. Not correct.

Mal, Good observation!
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  7.    #7  
    It's wrong. Not correct.

CompUSA sells the 700wx.

Look, I'll eat crow if this comes out on Sprint, but until I see a 750 branded with Sprint, I'm not buying it.

I find it bizarre that Cingular is about to get the 750 any day now, Sprint just launched one last month and now they are going to launch basically the same phone and no one has mentioned this? Not even Palm? No "sprint insiders", no testers, and NO FCC papers?

Combined with the it says "Edge and Evdo" (it can only be one!) and it has AKU 2.2 instead of 2.3.2...something is up.

c'mon...

I want one. serious, if it was, I would have. bluetooth dialing, threaded text, one handed folders in email. man that would be cool. rev a?
    650, 680, 700p,700w,700wx,750v,750w

I guess i need to hurry up and put my wx on ebay before word hits the streets and the prices go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post

I guess i need to hurry up and put my wx on ebay before word hits the streets and the prices go down.
    Do it! Go sell your 700wx...I dare you!

It's wrong. Not correct.

If it is Quad band can it have both?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    If it is Quad band can it have both?
    I don't think so. I mean theoretically, yes.

The i830 is quad band and has evdo but no edge.

And I would really find it hard to believe that this phone is not only coming to Sprint but is now a "world phone" too (right after launching the i830)!

I will not spend any more $$ on any Palm Treo product. They've continually put out crappy products and offered poor support. Why continue to reward their company with more business?
    Hmmm...

First off, I don't doubt that a 750w or comparable device will someday make it to Sprint, but it seems too early. However, I don't not believe this--unless it's absolutely absurd, these kinds of things turn out to be mostly true.

The only thing is that EDGE/EvDO thing. Could just be an error (it's not like that hasn't happened before) and it doesn't make or break this rumor for me.
  16.    #16  
    maybe typos @ CompUSA, all i know is that they have the papers printed and ready to be pasted on to display

It's wrong. Not correct.

I'm not trying to step on toes here, but it would be likely to assume that the Cingular version of the 750W would have the gsm/edge support and the Sprint/Verison version would have the CDMA/EVDO support. I don't think Cingular would offer a ppc phone that can't take advantage of their edge network. I bet it will support Cingular's new high speed network all so.

But to agree with everyone here, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
    I'm not trying to step on toes here, but it would be likely to assume that the Cingular version of the 750W would have the gsm/edge support and the Sprint/Verison version would have the CDMA/EVDO support. I don't think Cingular would offer a ppc phone that can't take advantage of their edge network. I bet it will support Cingular's new high speed network all so.

But to agree with everyone here, I'll believe it when I see it.
    I think there is a lot of confusion/mistakes on that sheet (including the AKU which should be hire) but there is:
    No comments have been made about supporting CDMA with the U.S. unit, but with Palm's recently-announced focus on all international markets (including those that use CDMA), and Sprint and Verizon combining for a giant chunk of the U.S. market, it seems likely there will be two flavors of the U.S. Treo 750, or whatever it will be labeled.

Making both a CDMA and GSM version seems plausible as Palm said there will be 20 carriers of this low-cost Treo out of the gate. (source)
    That's the only thing I have ever heard about a cdma variant. But without FCC confirmation, leaks from testers or info from tech blogs, it might be quite some time before this happens. Who knows, just have to wait and see.

Well maybe that's why they haven't fixed the WX sms problem...they are going to recall every single WX and just replace it with the 750.. .
    recall PLEASE! lol...no I'm seriously going to choke some people if this comes out within 6 months...I bought my WX two weeks ago.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast