Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    looks like a commenter at engadetmobile has some interesting info:
    look at all this hype, as much as people say it sounds too good to be true, I hope to see the 750w @ Sprint
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    look at all this hype, as much as people say it sounds too good to be true, I hope to see the 750w @ Sprint
    lol, what hype? the only hype has been started by this thread with potentially phoney "ads".

and it doesn't sound too good to be true! The 750 is not an upgrade.

no antenna = worse reception (we already don't get the best w/ an antenna)
    thinner = in reality, it's barely noticeable (see the reviews)
    thinner = 1200 battery vs 1800 = awful battery life

honestly, what's the appeal for the 750?

If it had Wifi, BT 2.0 and AKU 3.x...then we'd have an upgrade.

any AKU advantages are minor (2.3.2 vs 2.2.1? AKU 3.2 is out now. Crossbow is on the verge of shipping to manufactures)

I say bah! And you won't see it on Sprint till maybe next summer...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Crossbow is on the verge of shipping? wow
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, what hype? the only hype has been started by this thread with potentially phoney "ads".

and it doesn't sound too good to be true! The 750 is not an upgrade.

no antenna = worse reception (we already don't get the best w/ an antenna)
    thinner = in reality, it's barely noticeable (see the reviews)
    thinner = 1200 battery vs 1800 = awful battery life

honestly, what's the appeal for the 750?

If it had Wifi, BT 2.0 and AKU 3.x...then we'd have an upgrade.

any AKU advantages are minor (2.3.2 vs 2.2.1? AKU 3.2 is out now. Crossbow is on the verge of shipping to manufactures)

I say bah! And you won't see it on Sprint till maybe next summer...
    Damn,.... you are actually right!
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    Crossbow is on the verge of shipping? wow
    that's why we're seeing more and more screenshots of "crossbow", it's being released to manufactures soon but we probably won't see it till Q2 of 2007 (so Palm or UTStarcom, etc. has to get it, modify it,test it, then Sprint etc. have to test it approve it, blah blah).

See:
    A closer look at Windows Mobile codename "Crossbow"

Windows Mobile "crossbow" in the wild?

Damn,.... you are actually right!
    lol, I'm just trying to be realistic. The 750 IS nice if you're carrier doesn't have a Palm WM5 device. The 700wx is one of the most envied Palm WM5 devices (maybe WM5 phone devices) out there.

Plus, seeing all the releases (KeyLight, ThreadedSMS, HideLogo, maybe even better BT/A2DP), we're rolling over here!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Alright guys, I hate to be the killer of hope, but I gotta do it. While I can neither confirm nor deny the existence (or future existence) of a Sprint Treo 750 (because quite frankly, I have no idea), as a CompUSA employee at the Altamonte Springs, FL store, I can confirm beyond the shadow of a doubt that this tag is completely bogus. If you carefully analyze the pics, you will also see why. Here are the reasons:

1) The reasons malatesta pointed out earlier (Edge/EVDO conflict, incorrect AKU)
    2) If you look carefully at the SKU number, you will see that it is "XXXXXX" which is not a valid Comp SKU number.
    3) If you look at the date, you will also notice that it is a series of X's.
    4) It is not actually printed on CompUSA tag paper; this is supposed to be on a 6"x3.5" price tag, in which one should be easily able to see the red line at the bottom AND the CompUSA logo directly beneath the price
    5) As a Sprint PocketPC phone addict, I constantly check the internal Inventory system for new Sprint PPC phones, and have seen absolutely nothing about this product anywhere in the system. An item will show up in the system between 2 and 5 months before we carry the product
    6) Let's pretend that the 750w were coming to Sprint, just for the sake of argument; CompUSA would be the last place on earth it would debut. We (at least, my store) just started carrying the 700WX 2 weeks ago.

Any questions? feel free the PM me or repost in this forum.
    I'd just like to say thank you to all the people who post on these forums ....
    I'm aboout to buy my first treo phone (700wx) and although I am not as savy as I COULD be (at 58 years) I do gain much knowledge from you ....
    thanks again
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234