Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    whats so good about the 750w?
    The 750v has an internal antenna. That might please some people but the TC review suggests that the phone's RF takes a hit as a result. I just got my 700wx....I'm not ready to trade it in yet (but who am I kidding, I'm a smartphone *****.....)
    Quote Originally Posted by burger510 View Post
    whats so good about the 750w?
    bluetooth dialing via voice command, threaded sms, one handed folder option in email app, smaller, no antenna, ect.

the bluetooth dialing is the biggie for me. if we get this in an update before the 750w release then I will be happy. if we don't get it, I will get the 750w.

this is the one thing I miss from the 6700.
    I still trust that this will happen. Not tomorrow, not next month--but someday. That article referenced a few posts ago is good fodder, and Andrew on Treonauts has repeatedly made reference to a CDMA 750.

Like I said, these oddball rumors usually turn out to be true, unless they're completely unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by akijikan View Post
    recall PLEASE! lol...no I'm seriously going to choke some people if this comes out within 6 months...I bought my WX two weeks ago.
    Now you know how we 700w owners feel!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    bluetooth dialing via voice command, threaded sms, one handed folder option in email app, smaller, no antenna, ect.

the bluetooth dialing is the biggie for me. if we get this in an update before the 750w release then I will be happy. if we don't get it, I will get the 750w.

this is the one thing I miss from the 6700.
    I could never figure out the voice dialing thing.

The hacks that are around worked with EVERY OTHER WM5 PHONE I ever owned (6700 before they included it in the update, the i730/830) and couldn't figure out why the treo's couldn't get it going.

Voice Command 1.6 is being released in q4 2006, and in the specs it says it will INCLUDE BTvoice dialing, but only for phones with the Microsoft bluetooth stack. I am assuming we do not have the Microsoft stack, probably Palm's own stack, which is why Treo's have always had a bluetooth issue. Can someone tell me if the 750v has a different stack than the 700's? If it does we are screwed, if it doesn't then that means Palm finally found some drivers for their stack to enable voice dialing, and we can get it also if thats the case. Make sense?
    Umm, has anyone else noticed something at least as interesting than the 750W? According to this, CompUSA will be selling the 680 for FREE with a data plan. If that's really true, I hope Palm's got multiple factories cranking these things out as fast as possible. They're going to sell like beer at a baseball game.

Yes, I know this is a bit off topic. Sorry.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's wrong. Not correct.

Treo 750w comes with AKU 2.3.2.

Convienently, the 700wx comes with AKU 2.2.

Question: does CompUSA currently sell the 700wx?

And how the heck does it have Edge and EVDO technology?!?!
    I agree. The first thing I noticed is the Edge and EVDO thing. I also noticed that the 750v is not even mentioned in the ad, and a lot of rumors originally called it the 750w. I think this ad was desinged a long time ago when they weren't sure what the 750 would be called, or who was going to carry it. I cannot imagine why Sprint would bring in the 700wx only to replace it with the same phone minus the anteanna. Just my two cents.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I could never figure out the voice dialing thing.

The hacks that are around worked with EVERY OTHER WM5 PHONE I ever owned (6700 before they included it in the update, the i730/830) and couldn't figure out why the treo's couldn't get it going.

Voice Command 1.6 is being released in q4 2006, and in the specs it says it will INCLUDE BTvoice dialing, but only for phones with the Microsoft bluetooth stack. I am assuming we do not have the Microsoft stack, probably Palm's own stack, which is why Treo's have always had a bluetooth issue. Can someone tell me if the 750v has a different stack than the 700's? If it does we are screwed, if it doesn't then that means Palm finally found some drivers for their stack to enable voice dialing, and we can get it also if thats the case. Make sense?

I believe we do have the MS BT stack. I think I've read that somewhere and its slipped my memory where.
    This is a chart made by Andrew at Treonauts, not by CompUSA. look here: http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/10/treo_family_com.html
    The 720p is also coming!
    No BT, .03 mp camera, and No EVDO. Price will be around $200
    (Free w/ 2yr Contract)
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    If it is Quad band can it have both?

Samsung has done it with both platforms!! ( I believe it is on the Sprint Web Site!) It's a GSM phone and EVDO. That would be a market killer if Palm would do so. Also, how soon will it be until Palm releases the 750 platform with "Access" Now that would be a real killer!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm View Post
    I will not spend any more $$ on any Palm Treo product. They've continually put out crappy products and offered poor support. Why continue to reward their company with more business?

I guess we like the Palm design! But everyone has to agree, we need the rom update for the 700P. We go thru these oroblems with most of or products from Palm; it took us 6 months on the Treo 650 and that is a solid phone now. I don't knpw if the 680 has the same problems as the P
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Also, how soon will it be until Palm releases the 750 platform with "Access" Now that would be a real killer!
    a very long time if at all...

read my long post here and the rest of that thread as to why...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=56

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    This is a chart made by Andrew at Treonauts, not by CompUSA. look here: http://blog.treonauts.com/2006/10/treo_family_com.html
    right but there is/was lots of errors on the chart, it was not an announcement, Andrew has never talked about a CDMA 750, it says on there:

"Palm has not yet announced the future availability of the Treo 750 in the US..."

Not one other news source has picked up this story yet and ran it, which seems very odd (remember Merlyn3Ds 700p adventure or the threaded SMS?)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I called Sprint Service mgr, and he said they are not planning to get Treo 750 for a while.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    right but there is/was lots of errors on the chart, it was not an announcement, Andrew has never talked about a CDMA 750, it says on there:

"Palm has not yet announced the future availability of the Treo 750 in the US..."

Not one other news source has picked up this story yet and ran it, which seems very odd (remember Merlyn3Ds 700p adventure or the threaded SMS?)
    No one has picked up the story and run with it because it's not a news story. The chart was created for educational purposes, to help Treonauts users who were confused with all the new Treo lingo that is bouncing around. There's nothing official about the chart at all. The creator of the chart didn't have any inside info from carriers. He's just speculating on future products (thus "estimate").

You or I could have made this chart just as easily. It wouldn't be any more or less accurate.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I called Sprint Service mgr, and he said they are not planning to get Treo 750 for a while.
    Well, there you have it - case closed! The Sprint Service Manager is NEVER wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Samsung has done it with both platforms!! ( I believe it is on the Sprint Web Site!) It's a GSM phone and EVDO. That would be a market killer if Palm would do so. Also, how soon will it be until Palm releases the 750 platform with "Access" Now that would be a real killer!
    But no EDGE....EV-DO and GSM have coexisted since the i830 came out on Verizon, which was around 2 years ago?

Give me a phone with EV-DO and UMTS and I'll be happy. And now that the govt wants phones to be un-branded it is very possible!
    Why would Sprint release the WX in the first place? If the 750 was just around the corner?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast