1.    #1  
    Hello everybody! I am a new Treo 700w user with Verizon. I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to...

I have my unit set up to check two different accounts and it retrieves/sends mail without a problem. However, the phone seems to get rid of read emails after a certain amount of time. How can I get these emails to remain in the individual accounts inbox? I do not see anything in the set up or preferences.

An help is appreciated
    menu - delivery preferences - (filters tab)

AND

tools - options - account. Same menu is in there somewhere.

"Only display messages form the past __ days." Change that value
  3.    #3  
    I tried that. I changed the value to 99 days and the emails don't stay. It actualy just hapened again the last time a checked my email.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgunvalsen View Post
    I tried that. I changed the value to 99 days and the emails don't stay. It actualy just hapened again the last time a checked my email.
    In BOTH places I mentioned above???

For some dumb reason they are independent of each other. Make sure yyou change it in both places...although they look EXACTLY the same
    Sounds like you may have checked mail from another location (like your home/office computer) and it deleted the email from the server. Since MS programmed the treo to SYNC email rather than just download, when it sees that the email is gone off the server, it makes it gone on your device. I don't know why there's no option to turn this off, but it's just like that dude.

There's two ways to get around this:

1. Create a new folder and copy the email you want to remain on your phone into that folder.

2. If you're familiar with your web hosting account, create a new email address like phone@yourdomain.com, then setup your "real" email address to forward all emails to phone@yourdomain.com.

If you setup a phone@yourdomain.com account, you'll need to remember to delete every once in a while or your server will get full.
  6.    #6  
    That's great advice guys. Thanks!