1.    #1  
    OK, we're now in the final week (7 days) of October, and still no announcement from Cingular about the 750. What gives?

How many of you are getting as impatient as me? ;-) And does this make me a complete and utter geek? (Rhetorical question.)

Keith
    yeah it's be quiet lately. too quiet. maybe the quiet before the storm?
    engadget.com is reporting some new Q4 Cingular stuff. They mention the 680...but I am also hoping the 750 is included in the Q4. Cingular has to be hearing our cries!
    I would love to see the Cingular 750 soon, but the voice in my head says all the factors are pointing to Q1. That was why I broke down and got a Vodaphone one rather than wait.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I would love to see the Cingular 750 soon, but the voice in my head says all the factors are pointing to Q1. That was why I broke down and got a Vodaphone one rather than wait.

i dont think i could wait that long............

i talked to my rep and asked when the 750 was coming out......he said around thanksgiving but maybe he thought i meant the 680???

i hope not...........

this is killing me !!!!
    I've given up asking any Cingular employee. I get either blank stares, a "soon", or the most frequent response "No, we aren't going to get the 680 or 750, we will be getting the 700 next year".
    bcaslis:

What has been your experiance testing the 750v on Cingular?

Thanks

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126477

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead View Post
    bcaslis:

What has been your experiance testing the 750v on Cingular?

Thanks
    I don't want a Cingular version, I want an unlocked Palm version with HSDPA!

Luckily, my KJAM will be back soon and that will "tide me over" until something shows up on US shores!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by krludwig View Post
    OK, we're now in the final week (7 days) of October, and still no announcement from Cingular about the 750. What gives?

How many of you are getting as impatient as me? ;-) And does this make me a complete and utter geek? (Rhetorical question.)

Keith
    what bothers me more is no news about the 680
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I've given up asking any Cingular employee. I get either blank stares, a "soon", or the most frequent response "No, we aren't going to get the 680 or 750, we will be getting the 700 next year".
    I asked and was told that "the 680 is the same thing as the 650, just the case is different" and "no we're not getting anything that i know of"
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    I asked and was told that "the 680 is the same thing as the 650, just the case is different" and "no we're not getting anything that i know of"
    That's pretty much true, check out the comparison http://euro.palm.com/uk/en/products/...artphones.html
    The 680 has way more memory and some changes in the OS phone app.

Cingular people in the stores know nothing or are really good at pretending. I think people on these forums know more...lol
    Brandon
    please dont let it be q1, i DO NOT want to spend 700 bones on this bad boy when i could get a cingular one way cheaper on the premier site when it launches
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Sadly, I have seen nothing to suggest the 750 is coming soon. There's some noise about mid november on Howard Forums, and rumors about cingular launching multiple 3G PDAs and Phones in November, nothing sounds like that's real. I really hope it is (by mid Nov.) I guess you'll know in a few weeks if it is or isn't coming. Let's say I'm cautiously optomistic that it'll be before the end of November. But I was also duped in to thinking the Cingular 8525 would actually come out in September.

The 680 by the way at least has the updated version of Blazer that's on the700p. That's actually a HUGE improvement because it's basically half-broken (IMO) on the 680. Tripple the memory isn't shabby either. That was the biggest complaint 1.5 years ago when the 650 came out.
    But no 3G is a real drag. 3G is finally here on Cingular and I just can't pass that up (WM5 for me it is.)

Someone is saying the 680 will be FREE with 2-year contract and Mailin rebate. At that price it's not a bad deal if you can deal with no 3G.
    750 supposedly $300 with 2-year contract (or upgrade) and mailin rebate. Now that's a price I like! No way I'm paying $700 for a Vodaphone if this price is real.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Did I mention that Cingular is supposedly going to start selling the 680 by Oct 31? I have no clue if it'll be more than 1 color (silver is appearently one of them.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I do think the importers are asking a bit much. I'm guessing when this phone becomes more readily available, the prices will come down since it's been posted where a locked one can get unlocked readily. You can then no longer charge such a premium. If I get a $500 phone and can unlock it for about $30, why do I need to pay close to $800?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    We will have to see on pricing. The rumors that the 750 will be $300 and the 680 free on Cingular seem to me like a drug induced fantasy. Look at the history of past pricing and current phones. I suspect the 750 will be $400 - $500 WITH a 2 year contract and the 680 will $150 - $250 with a 2 year contract. But I have no inside info. This is just an educated guess. The 750 will be Palm's top of the line and it will priced as such. Just look at how they have priced their new models in the past.
    We will have to see on pricing. The rumors that the 750 will be $300 and the 680 free on Cingular seem to me like a drug induced fantasy. Look at the history of past pricing and current phones. I suspect the 750 will be $400 - $500 WITH a 2 year contract and the 680 will $150 - $250 with a 2 year contract. But I have no inside info. This is just an educated guess. The 750 will be Palm's top of the line and it will priced as such. Just look at how they have priced their new models in the past.
    Honestly I couldn't agree with you more. I'm actually regretting forwarding that 'rumor' in my previous post because I know it seems way to unlikely. I think you're right on with your estimates.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I do think the importers are asking a bit much. I'm guessing when this phone becomes more readily available, the prices will come down since it's been posted where a locked one can get unlocked readily. You can then no longer charge such a premium. If I get a $500 phone and can unlock it for about $30, why do I need to pay close to $800?
    I believe Cingular will still give you the unlock code for free after you've owned it for 3 months if you just call and ask. They'll put you through a hassle, but they'll do it (unless they recently stopped.)
    Also if you really loathe the Cingular ROM customizations, you should be able to flash the Palm branded unlocked ROM some day in the future when it's availablle. Maybe not a trivial process, but should be possible.
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/26/2006 at 01:01 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Now I see the iPaq 6925 could be coming next week. Maybe Bcaslis is right. That is a competing product for the 750 except for the 3G radio. They probably shouldn't be released too close together.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!