Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    my battery runs down......with no use..in a few
    hours!
    I went to bed@ 100%.woke up at 0%.
    anyone else ever heard of this?
    it's not settings related.
    thanks
    I had a similar problem so i uninstalled pocketplus and a newsreader that was updating every 30 mins
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
    I had a similar problem so i uninstalled pocketplus and a newsreader that was updating every 30 mins
    Hmmmm......are you sure it was PP and not the newsreader causing the problem?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    probably the newsreader to be honest however pocketplus was causing other problems as we have already discussed
    1:30pm and my new battery is at 43%...!!!

why? why? why? :-(

I have Pocket Outlook sync every 15min... but still
    on the Treo 650 with chatteremail at constant online I only reached 43% around midnight.

Strange... ideas anyone?
    If the phone was on, and it was getting UMTS, and any data in the background (like email) it's certainly possible. UMTS users are going to see battery life similar to what CDMA users see. It does sound worse than normal but it's possible.

If however the phone was off, something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    my battery runs down......with no use..in a few
    hours!
    I went to bed@ 100%.woke up at 0%.
    anyone else ever heard of this?
    it's not settings related.
    thanks
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Phone is on (and UTMS connected).
    I'm going to hard-reset and put back one app at a time and see.

Any reason I should suspect offline applications too (zagat, tube, tomtom etc.) if they are not active/running?

Do you know if Today plugins (SPB Diary, SPB Time) would use (CPU/other) while the Treo is powered-off?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    hey
    I removed the newsfeeder to no avail.
    I have all my powersettings to the ost conservative positions.....still.rapid declines.
    I hard resetted and its made a big difference.
    I'm slowly rebuilding apps etc... we'll see how it goes.
    this aint right tho.
    Q:
    would charging with my older treo charger damage the battery in any way??
    thanks
    No it's the same charger (from the 650 on). Note that the battery won't last as long for the first few charges but it will get better over time.

Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    hey
    I removed the newsfeeder to no avail.
    I have all my powersettings to the ost conservative positions.....still.rapid declines.
    I hard resetted and its made a big difference.
    I'm slowly rebuilding apps etc... we'll see how it goes.
    this aint right tho.
    Q:
    would charging with my older treo charger damage the battery in any way??
    thanks
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    a hard reset put it back to 'normal' which really is not strong battery performance.
    Is there a long lasting batery option for this phone?
    where does one go for an extra battery?

Power users need to carry their chargers every day.
    My long lasting option right now is a charger.

There aren't any longer lasting batteries yet, but once the 680 and 750 get released in the U.S. I would expect one.

The only place I know to get extra batteries so far is European Palm sites but I don't think you can order from the U.S.

As soon as they release the 680 on Cingular, things should get better. The 680 and 750 use the same battery so hopefully soon we should be able to get some. I know I need at least one or two more!
    disable the umts. egde/gprs is fast enough for pushmail. my treo last 2 days max without umts.
    you should find the setting in the phone setting, on the services tab there is a band selection, set the type on gsm
    Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Nokia E61 → Treo 650 → HTC TyTN → Treo 650 → Treo 750v → Sony Ericsson P990i → Treo 750v → Treo 680 → Treo 750v → Samsung i600 → Orange SPV E650 → Samsung i600 → Apple iPhone 8GB → Samsung i600 → Samsung i780 → BlackBerry 8700g → BlackBerry Bold 9000 → BlackBerry Bold 9700 → Samsung Galaxy Spica → BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by lostOzone View Post
    disable the umts. egde/gprs is fast enough for pushmail. my treo last 2 days max without umts.
    you should find the setting in the phone setting, on the services tab there is a band selection, set the type on gsm
    The single-most reason for getting a 750 series device for me will be the 3G capability. Disabling it would be put it on par with my current KJAM. By the time the 750 gets to US shores, that Seido (or other company) 2400mah, same size battery should be available.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    yes I mean are there many other reasons we switched to the 750?...for me it is freedom from freezes/crashes and primarily 3G networking.
    The palm support guy told me he fully expects cingular and t-mobile to provide full 3G capability when their systems are primed or whatever.
    To me..crash-free blazingly fast treo's are the pinnacle of what I envision as the perfect converged device.
    The charge has to be addressed tho.
    Are Cingular customers using the Cingular 3G SIM, just out of curiosity?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!