1.    #1  
    I've had a 750v from the UK for about 10 days. I've had few problems like occassional bluetooth glitches with my car, beam receive turning off now and then, and a few others. But the biggest issue has been the pretec mini-sd wifi card. After much experimentation, I found the only way to get this to work for me was to have the driver installed, put the card in the slot, and soft-reset. However, removing the card and soft-resetting resulted in the Treo showing wifi on with the card not even in the slot! Others here have reported the card as working, so I decided that it must be a flakey card.

Tonight I got another 750v. This one from Phonesource-USA and I assume from Singapore since it came alreadly unlocked. First thing I did was to try the driver and wifi card. It worked fine. Tried various combinations and they all seemed to work fine. Things that didn't work on the first one, work fine on this one. It would seem like the first one might have a hardware problem, but I'm not sure. The symptoms really sound like bad software not hardware. Hardware usually doesn't have this kind of repeatable flakey behavior. It usually doesn't work at all, or doesn't work randomly.

I looked at the info on each one:
    Same hardware revision A
    Same firmware 1.12.0a.00
    Software version:
    UK: TREO750-1.12-VFU
    Singapore: TREO750-1.15-VFE

So it looks like the second one has a later software version. I wonder if it could be a bug in the UK software version. You can get this info from the About system setting in the phone tab.

Does anyone have a 750 with software version TREO750-1.12-VFU and are using a pretec mini-sd card without problem?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have a Vodafone NL one with the software version: TREO750-1.15-VFW.

Strange that the UK version and de Dutch version have different software....
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, Interesting, have you tried any wifi cards and did they work?
  4.    #4  
    Do you use network time and time zone? On the second one with version 1.15 it keeps insisting I'm in London even after multiple hard resets. I don't have this issue with the one with 1.12 software.

Edit: Now it's getting the right timezone, but wrong time. Now a few minutes later it's getting the right time and zone. Time to give up for the night I guess.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 10/25/2006 at 02:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    My UK Vodafone 750v has version TREO750-1.12-VFU
  6. tcs
    Appearantly, treo 750v users in PPCSG able to get wifi card working flawlessly. Most probably software issues.
  7.    #7  
    I can get it to work fine with the one I got that I believe is from Singapore. I guess I'm just trying to determine if my first one has a software bug (which I'll live with until it can be fixed) or if there is a hardware problem that I need to get the unit replaced for (which is going to be very hard).

So no one is successfully using a UK 750v with TREO750-1.12-VFU with a wifi card?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Hmm, Interesting, have you tried any wifi cards and did they work?
    Haven't tried Wifi as my router at home is broke at the moment. So I didn't order a Wifi card just yet. Anyhow I'm on T-mobile with a no limit subscription so I really don't have the need at this moment to go out and get it.

I don't use network time and time zone. I think he insists that you are in London because you have UK version.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.