1.    #1  
    I have the 700w with Verizon. I have never been able to get my Comcast POP3 email account to get pushed reliably to my Treo.

I could not find many posts on this so I'm wondering what other people are doing?

Whatever the solution is, I don't want to have to forward my email from my Comcast account.

p.s.
    I am not trying to forward email from an Exchange server.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    You cannot have push e-mail with a POP3 account, there may be ways, but I assume very complicated ones.

Push e-mail is Exchange Server. In order to have push e-mail you need to have an e-mail address hosted on an Exchange server.

The closest thing you can do is setup your POP3 account on Pocket Outlook and have the device check it every so often.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    You cannot have push e-mail with a POP3 account, there may be ways, but I assume very complicated ones.

Push e-mail is Exchange Server. In order to have push e-mail you need to have an e-mail address hosted on an Exchange server.

The closest thing you can do is setup your POP3 account on Pocket Outlook and have the device check it every so often.
    See, I TOLD you I was clueless! haha

When I first got the Treo about 9 months ago everyone was *****ing about how the Verizon software was not working well at "having the device check it every so often." I had very limited success with this using Wireless Sync or something like that.

Why don't people complain about this any more? Is there a good solution out there now?
    Because how can you complain? Not much we can do about it, the email servers we have (whether it be aol, gmail, comcast) do not offer push services, so the only way possible is to somehow check for mail every so often and retrieve it automatically. AOL does use IMAP protocol, so it can be done, but with 3rd party software (vgsmail works great).

Wireless Sync does the same. Although it PUSHES the emails to the phone, its servers check for mail every 15 minutes THEN push to your phone any new mail you have received. True PUSH sends the mail to your phone real-time. WS worked pretty well for me, but I thought it used a lot of battery life and occasionally froze the phone. But it was a free push solution sort of), so I accepted it until I found mail2web. Mail2web is far superior to anything else I have ever used for mail (chatter, outlook, etc) I really don't understand why people still don't try it. Mail2web hosts its own servers, exchange servers, that enable true push to your phone. You can use their email account (blablabla@mailweb.com) for free, or your own for a fee. I just forward all of my gmail to the free account, and use vgsmail for my aol mail. Both work very well.

I hope this all makes sense, once you get moving along with the phone you'll be writing these paragraphs to the new new people
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I agree, I use mail2web as well and I love it.
  6.    #6  
    If I pay the fee to mail2web and use my comcast account, do I have to have my mail forwarded?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvegas View Post
    If I pay the fee to mail2web and use my comcast account, do I have to have my mail forwarded?
    You still use mail2web's account, however, you can set it up through proxy to show as being sent from your Comcast account. I believe Malatesta has more info on this... of course you can also have your Comcast account forwarded or fetched through mail2web which would virtually end up in having your Comcast account work as push e-mail.

Hope that's understandable...
    How do i set up web2mail to push my gmail?

thanx
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    How do i set up web2mail to push my gmail?

thanx
    You mean mail2web, not web2mail.

You can either forward GMail to your mail2web account or check if mail2web's e-mail aggregator can pull GMail's messages. You cannot get GMail's messages directly pushed though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    You mean mail2web, not web2mail.

You can either forward GMail to your mail2web account or check if mail2web's e-mail aggregator can pull GMail's messages. You cannot get GMail's messages directly pushed though...
    Yea that's what I mean.

Well is there a free email service that works with mail2web that will let me do push email (sending and recieving) ?

thanx