Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm using Goodlink on my 750v and it's been great but I've noticed that the data connection has been dropping and not re-connecting.

Now, this could be a problem with the Cingular ROM I loaded or with the "network issues" Cingular seems to be having today in Orange County.

It could also be the version of Good on the 750. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem or not. Thanks.
    Brandon
    It's been a terrible day on Cingular for me. Data up and down all day, tried calling the number from another phone and got static, or busy signals, or a message that the number was disconnected! Seems to be settling down now but I was ready to throw the Treo through a window at one point.

Never seen these issues on Verizon!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    You know, I've never really had issues with Cingular but it was so bad at one point I went and bought a Treo 650 cause I thought the 750 was just not working out well.

I think data's better now but I just checked my voicemail and had 5 messages! My phone never rang...

Might have to keep that 650 for a couple of days as a safety blanket
    Brandon
    Yes, I really thought the 750v had fried today. There still seems to be intermittent voice problems. Funny I don't see this problem mentioned anywhere else.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Maybe all of our 750v's are frying their network! lol

Yeah, I'm suprised too. I checked HoFo and didn't see anything. Very strange. I'm even surprised the lady at Cingular admitted they were having problems when I called.
    Brandon
    Sparko, I know this is a way late response to your original post. but on my Cingy 8125 I would constantly disconnect from the server. It was obvious because it is rare that I go more than 5 minutes without getting an email. A soft reset was always required. However, I have not noticed this problem once with the Treo 750 and GL (we are on ver 4.9).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I'm using GL on a Cingular Treo 750, for about a week. I've been having this data connection dropping problem, both on GPRS/EDGE and UTMS/HSDPA. I've done the HSDPA hack but this problem occured before the hack. I know I'm in an area with decent reception because there will be 3, 4, or 5 bars, a G or U displayed, it will drop connection and not reconnect. If I try to reconnect it will say something about dialing wap.cingular and modem refused connection. If I do a soft-reset then the Treo will re-establish a data connection and everthing will be fine, however it will most likely later drop the data connection again.

Whats going on here? How to fix?
    Last edited by Big Ed; 02/14/2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: clarification of behavior
    Well, I should have known better with Goodlink to speak so soon after getting my 750. The old dropping-connection-from-the-server problem has reared its ugly head again. It doesn't seem to be as frequent as with my old 8125, but it is happening daily. Good will try and say that it is specific to certain devices, but I have read enough on the different forums to know that it is just an overall problem. When will this silly company fix the dozens of severe issues in its software?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    so I have a crazy question - if you guys are running Exchange, why not jsut use the native Exchange ActiveSync function with the device? That would probably keep you from having all these issues.

I use EAS and it's rock solid.

Just a thought...
    I am running Goodlink at my 750v and have had no problems with data connectivity. I was using BES service last week and was getting a lot of disconnection problems when using UMTS, so I switched to Good. The delivery of email and other syncs have been lightning fast and usualliy beat my Outlook on my desktop. The only issue I have with Good is that there are no Today plug-ins that allow me to see the data that Good is keeping (just emails and calendar Goodlink plug-ins). Plus, I cannot use my own custom ringtone for emails (or I haven't figured out how to do this).

Anyway, I haven't had this problem and I have been running Goodlink for 3 days. To answer why some of us have to use Goodlink vs. EAS: my company outsources it's Exchange hosting and to activiate EAS our corporate account has to be some special type which has a much higher fee. The Good Messaging Server fee is lower for some reason.

Moppet52
    On a side note (but still regarding Good):

Has anyone else noticed that when they open Programs from their Start Menu that there are multiple Messaging apps? I now have Messaging, Messaging (1), Messaging (2), Messaging (3), and Messaging (4). They all showed up after Goodlink was installed on my phone. Anyone else seen this? When each one is selected, they all go to the same Messaging app.

I did notice that right after I installed Goodlink that Messaging (1) was created. I didn't think that much of it, but now there are 4 extra ones. I'm afraid I'm going to have an inifinite number of them in less than a month!

TIA

Moppet52
    Moppet, I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but give it some time. If you have only been on GMM for a few days you have not yet begun to discover the fun that awaits you from our friends at Good...er Motorola.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    so I have a crazy question - if you guys are running Exchange, why not jsut use the native Exchange ActiveSync function with the device? That would probably keep you from having all these issues.

I use EAS and it's rock solid.

Just a thought...
    hmmmm ... because corporate requires it?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    On a side note (but still regarding Good):

Has anyone else noticed that when they open Programs from their Start Menu that there are multiple Messaging apps? I now have Messaging, Messaging (1), Messaging (2), Messaging (3), and Messaging (4). They all showed up after Goodlink was installed on my phone. Anyone else seen this? When each one is selected, they all go to the same Messaging app.

I did notice that right after I installed Goodlink that Messaging (1) was created. I didn't think that much of it, but now there are 4 extra ones. I'm afraid I'm going to have an inifinite number of them in less than a month!

TIA

Moppet52

I just noticed I have Messaging, Messaging (1), and Messaging (2). Hadn't really noticed that before but I would guess its the same problem.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Update: I had Cingular "reprovision my data account setup", did a hard reset and had my IT dept do a "reprovision of Goodlink". Goodlink is now working like a champ and I haven't had a dropped data connection since (knock on wood).

In hindsight, I'm not sure if this was a Cingular problem, a device problem or a Goodlink problem, but it has gone away.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    How are you guys dealing with Goodlink taking over your Treo 750's. By that I mean, no more caller ID, no more personal address book (the one in the phone) and the slowing down of your device?
    osmanbo, there are a lot of similar posts that answer your question in the Goodlink forum
    here
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks conekkted... I've been perusing the forums and have not been able to find a workarround for reclaiming my Treo 750. Hopefully Goodlink will here our cries for help and correct the issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by osmanbo View Post
    Thanks conekkted... I've been perusing the forums and have not been able to find a workarround for reclaiming my Treo 750. Hopefully Goodlink will here our cries for help and correct the issues.

You won't be able to 'reclaim' your device. That's the way Good is designed to work, for better or worse. Their apps take over the device, and that's how it is. If you're hoping that they're going to change things, or 'correct the issues', to use your words, that's a waste of hope.

What you should do is explain to your IT folks about Exchange ActiveSync - just as secure as Good, and EAS doesn't require anything extra to be loaded on the device. No middleware Goodlink server - nothing. Everything is native to the device. Your IT folks may not know about EAS, but cruise over to www.windowsmobile.com and look around for the info and white papers on EAS - also called 'Direct Push for Exchange'. Usually, with a little bit of education, the IT folks will realize they don't need Good.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    The problem is that DirectPush requires a Windows Mobile device while Good runs on a variety of operating systems and devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast