Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. kac
    Hi guys. I have a Verizon 700w and want to connect to my Windows XP PC at home from my 700W.

I am able to connect to my home PC without any problem from any computer using RDC but how do I do it on my phone?

I ran Terminal Services Client on the 700W and entered the same server number I enter in RDC and nothing happens. It tries to connect and times out and can not make the connection.

Do I have to set something somewhere on my phone?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Basically the same way. You should just have to enter the IP address of your home computer in the Terminal Services Client on the 700w and touch "Connect". That being said, if you have a hardware firewall or your computer is running a firewall program, you may need to do something to allow your phone to get thru.

Greg
    In this case.... make sure you don't have the IP of your home computer listed as an "exception" in your PPC connections setup.

If its listed as an exception... it will try to use the "my work network" or whatever your secondary form of connecting is.
  4. kac
    GregE, that's how I'm doing it and it does not work.

DjPiLL, there's nothing in my exceptions list.

I'm wondering if this is the reason....

I'm on a firewall at work so not able to connect to my PC at home on port 3389. Therefore, I changed my listening port at home to port 80 and forwarded 3389 to 80 on my router.

This way, in RDC, I enter my home IP as <homeip>:80 specifying port 80 and am able to connect from work using the standard open port 80.

Is this perhaps the problem? Terminal Services MUST go through 3389? I tried specifying port 80 in TSC but it gave me an invalid address error.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Kinda left that part out of your first post. lol I bet that is your problem. I didn't see how to change the port on the Treo.

Not sure why your work firewall would make you change your home ports. I understand the change of your home ports making your RDC ports need to be changed on the client to match.

pcAnywhere on the other hand does allow the ports to be changed. I do this to connect to multiple work PC's.
    Quote Originally Posted by kac View Post

Is this perhaps the problem? Terminal Services MUST go through 3389? I tried specifying port 80 in TSC but it gave me an invalid address error.

Any ideas?

Its probably likely the TS client on the mobile device can only use 3389.

RDP runs on port 3389... there really isn't any way to change it. You job is smart by blocking that port.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12