1.    #1  
    Hi all. Sorry I am asking this question but since I don't have a Treo and am considering a 750, I need to ask.

I have seen many here hide the phone number text box on the today screen. I think I recall someone mentioning that if you do hide it but start typing a number (or name) on the today screen, the text boxe shows itself. Can someone possible post a screen shot (before and after) of this? If the phone number is hidden and you start typing does the plugin show itself and then push other plug-ins down (creating a scroll bar on the today screen). When you finish and press dial, does the box disappear?

If it doesn't work this way, pardon the question.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Hi all. Sorry I am asking this question but since I don't have a Treo and am considering a 750, I need to ask.

I have seen many here hide the phone number text box on the today screen. I think I recall someone mentioning that if you do hide it but start typing a number (or name) on the today screen, the text boxe shows itself. Can someone possible post a screen shot (before and after) of this? If the phone number is hidden and you start typing does the plugin show itself and then push other plug-ins down (creating a scroll bar on the today screen). When you finish and press dial, does the box disappear?

If it doesn't work this way, pardon the question.
    Here you go in order.

Initial Today Screen with no lookup field:

Starting to type "Time and Temp" and the field pops up. You can see a scroll bar but I think that would be dependent on what else is on your Today Screen:

In the call and it's gone (or hidden):

After the call it's still gone:

Hope this helps you.

Greg
    Last edited by GregE; 11/17/2006 at 03:45 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Very cool. Thanks so much!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Wow! I didn't know you could do that. I thought if you removed it you lost the ability to lookup. Now I can have more space on my today screen and still be able to just start typing to lookup a number, very nice!
    Jimmie Geddes
    JGold,

May be dumb question, but I am a newb, expect nothing less...
    Do you or anyone here have the 750 yet, and have you had any luck on hiding the dialer box until needed. If you have, could you provide some screenshots on how to do it. Ii do not have a 750 yet, am new to WM5 too. Thanks.

J.R.
    How do you disable the smartdialer today plugin? I can't find it on the today screen settings... (Treo 750v)