Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Here's my scenario...I have everything I need for a Slingbox connection here at home. I also have an HDTV at a condo that I own in another state. I currently pay about $75.00 per month for cable in the condo, that I use about 10 times a year.

Is it possible, to use Slingbox to my laptop and connect the laptop to my TV in the condo and have cable service on the TV through the laptop?

Sorry to start a new Slingbox thread, but I did not want this to get lost in the other one.

Thanks,
    Last edited by bmargolis; 10/24/2006 at 08:20 AM.
    Um...what exactly does this have to do with a TREO? This is TREOcentral. Try www.slingcommunity.com brosef.

But the answer to your question is "yes" if you have s-video or composite out of your laptop. I'm guessing your HDTV is pretty big, though, so the picture will be CRAPPY through slingbox. Even on my home network where I get good speeds the video quality on the Slingplayer is not good on full screen 14" laptop. You won't be happy with it.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    the treo part is pdanet. lol
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Um...what exactly does this have to do with a TREO? This is TREOcentral. Try www.slingcommunity.com brosef.

But the answer to your question is "yes" if you have s-video or composite out of your laptop. I'm guessing your HDTV is pretty big, though, so the picture will be CRAPPY through slingbox. Even on my home network where I get good speeds the video quality on the Slingplayer is not good on full screen 14" laptop. You won't be happy with it.
    You are correct...no Treo content there and I should have headed the topic as off topic. I was certain I would get a quicker answer here. I do appreciate your answer though!