Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Get it here:
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=3209.0

What it does: Simply allows you to toggle your KB lights on and off whenever you want

Map it to a hardware key of your choice for easy access.

Tip
    : You should be able to tie it into PhoneAlarm's profiles (via the LaunchProgram option), so that you can have the lights on or off depending on your Profile.

Leave feedback in Bruce's forum and give him some thanks for his hard work on this freeware app!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Do I need to reset the device to apply the changes?
    I installed the Cab on the device (Treo 750v) and got the new KeyLight application icon.

I run it (and run it again) and the keyboard lights stay on (or turn back on when I press any-key).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Well, to be honest it hasn't been tested on the 750v, I didn't think they were different in this regard.

You don't need to soft-reset.

Great Job!!! I've been waiting for this for a while. Thanks
    works great for me! I posted my kudo's on his forum, but thanks for your quality control testing Malatesta!
    Malatesta & Bruce,

Well done!! I installed it ony my 700wx and it works great!!! I'll leave some positive feedback on the pocketmax site too!!!

I no longer have to put cardboard and duct tape over my keyboard (I'm not joking, its really set up that way with my proclip car mount) when I am driving using my TomTom GPS Nav!!! Freakin awesome!!

First threaded sms....now keylight toggle... whats next? bluetooth a2dp and dun? Treo software developers & users rock!!

PS: My battery thanks you both from the bottom of its heart!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by olywogle; 10/23/2006 at 04:50 PM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I am so glad to see this!
    Could some more 750 owners give it a try?
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    awesome
    Bruce, could you take this wonderful yet simple keylight application and make the keyboard light blink rapidly like the LED notification that phone alarm has to offer, somehow integrate it with the LED notification when a message arrives?

For example, two blinks would be email, 3 blinks sms...etc with repeating options of course... would be very cool add on to an already awesome phonealarm product!

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Great application, must-have for any Windows Mobile Treo user!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Maletesta and Bruce Freakin rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!!!!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sweet baby jeebus, I was waiting for something like this like a child waits for a xmas present!

BRUCE AND MALATESTA
    Y O U R O C K !

Seriously, it feels like 650 era again.
    This is the differential of having a treo. SUch a great community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Sweet baby jeebus, I was waiting for something like this like a child waits for a xmas present!

BRUCE AND MALATESTA
    Y O U R O C K !

Seriously, it feels like 650 era again.
    This is the differential of having a treo. SUch a great community.
    Nothing beats the Treo community!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Malatesta, since you have this app longer than anyone, can you report on how much does it save battery? A little, moderate, a lot?
    i know for sure KBlights made a huge impact on the battery life on my 650 , how does it compare?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Fantastic program! Works as advertised! Great deal at twice the price! Bye bye keyboard lights, ne'er shall you shine a'gin!

Nice job on the dev side. Splendid in fact.
  16.    #16  
    Glad it's working out for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Malatesta, since you have this app longer than anyone, can you report on how much does it save battery? A little, moderate, a lot?
    i know for sure KBlights made a huge impact on the battery life on my 650 , how does it compare?
    Hard to say on the battery life. I originally wanted to measure it via that battery measuring app but alas it doesn't work on the 700. I would say it it saves a good amount, although it was hard to say since I was resetting a lot trying new versions of the program. I would put the number around 5% for the day, just a wild guess.

I do notice that about 80% of the time I leave the KB lights off now.

It works well on my 700wx. I get an interesting effect, though. When I turn off the keyboard lights, they just go off. When I turn them back on, the screen and keyboard flash on and off a couple of times before things settle down with the screen and keyboard on. Has anyone else seen this?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    It works well on my 700wx. I get an interesting effect, though. When I turn off the keyboard lights, they just go off. When I turn them back on, the screen and keyboard flash on and off a couple of times before things settle down with the screen and keyboard on. Has anyone else seen this?
    Yup, that's how it works!

The big hold up/issue was turning them back on. Not as simple as turning them off, so Bruce had to come up with some interesting ways to get it to work. He had to force the device to re-read the registry/power state and that's how he accomplished it.

Funny thing was he was about ready to settle for a lesser version but at the last second he figured it out and remarkably it worked.

For awhile, we had it so that you had to toggle the app "on" but the lights didn't come on, you had to power off then on and then they'd be back on, so there was an extra step. Now there isn't just the "flashing".

Cool. It's a neat effect and as long as it is working properly, I am very happy. Now to decide which button to assign it to...
    Excellent job guys
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast