Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    it works in treo 750, although I am not sure it really saves battery.

    there are only a few hardware buttons in treo 750, so I suggest you install ctrl key pro, in which you can launch keylight using alt + char.
    wow, way to bring to life old threads.

    since you brought it up I would like to say that pocketmax's keylight has been greatly improved by slingbox and hannip.

    no more screen flash when turning on or off. much safer for device.

    search for slinghann treo keylight.
  2. #62  
    Actually the latest version of Keylight doesn't flash the screen either.
  3. #63  
    didn't know that.

    I still like sling and hannip better than bruce. nothing against bruce. it just sling and hannip are family. lol
  4. #64  
    Sorry for bring the old thread up. I didn't follow this app well. I am using bruce's keylight and it seems work very well in treo 750. I also searched sling's modification, which seems good too. But I didn't figure out what's new in the modification.


    Updated: sorry again, sling's keylight is not a modification, although it bears same name. I have not try it since I didn't find the documentation. Can anybody tell me if it support "on" "off" parameters?
    Last edited by cellneuron; 05/04/2007 at 12:13 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Sorry for bring the old thread up. I didn't follow this app well. I am using bruce's keylight and it seems work very well in treo 750. I also searched sling's modification, which seems good too. But I didn't figure out what's new in the modification.


    Updated: sorry again, sling's keylight is not a modification, although it bears same name. I have not try it since I didn't find the documentation. Can anybody tell me if it support "on" "off" parameters?
    what do you mean by....

    if it support "on" "off" parameters?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what do you mean by....

    if it support "on" "off" parameters?
    "Keylight.exe -on" will turn on keylight
    "Keylight.exe -off" will turn off keylight

    Toggling is OK for daily use, but it is useless in the profile (like phoneweaver or phonealarm.)
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  7. #67  
    I used it in phone alarm with no problem. it has no on or off. it basically just toggles the keylight.

    here is what I did with my profiles and phonealarm. for example.

    during the day I would be on profile work. the keylight is off. at 5 pm profiles changes to home. in the home profile I have it set to run the keylight app. so at 5pm my lights would come on. at 10 pm i'm going to bed and need the keylight off. I still want it set for the home type settings. I would have it set for profile home at 10pm.

    your saying "why switch home profiles when your already in home profiles". to run the keylight toggle. this would run the keylight app again and therefore toggle from on to off.

    hope this helps, cody
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I used it in phone alarm with no problem. it has no on or off. it basically just toggles the keylight.

    here is what I did with my profiles and phonealarm. for example.

    during the day I would be on profile work. the keylight is off. at 5 pm profiles changes to home. in the home profile I have it set to run the keylight app. so at 5pm my lights would come on. at 10 pm i'm going to bed and need the keylight off. I still want it set for the home type settings. I would have it set for profile home at 10pm.

    your saying "why switch home profiles when your already in home profiles". to run the keylight toggle. this would run the keylight app again and therefore toggle from on to off.

    hope this helps, cody
    Thanks for the detail. But sometimes you may run the keylight manually which will mess up all desired setting in profiles until you run the keylight manually again.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Thanks for the detail. But sometimes you may run the keylight manually which will mess up all desired setting in profiles until you run the keylight manually again.
    good point. and your right. if you upset the balance.... things would be all out of wack.

    that is why I like my profile thing that I wrote with mortscript. it reads the keylight setting first and then changes it only if needed. works perfectly no matter what I do.

    funny how mort can do so much more than the others. lol
  10. #70  
    Both the slinghann keylight app and version 1.03 of the pocketmax keylight work great. If you just use the script (and not the install package), the slinghann version is smaller. However if you do use the cab, the pocketmax version wins in the size category (and it doesn't require mortscript for those who haven't taken the plunge--which I recommend everyone try!). Aside from that, they work exactly the same, except for what cellneuron said about the shortcut options in the pocketmax one.
  11. #71  
    ok. i the zip file are two scripts. if you are running the slinghanns version or you have mortscript installed these will work great for you. you can put these to files in your windows/start menu/programs folder or where ever you want.

    enjoy. just tring to help out.

    cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions