Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thanx for the heads up mal u really spear headed this thing thanx again to u & bruce this app is most appreciated
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Cool. It's a neat effect and as long as it is working properly, I am very happy. Now to decide which button to assign it to...
    Assign it to a button? Turn em off and you'll never miss 'em

Save the LED's! Turn off your keyboard lights!
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    thanx for the heads up mal u really spear headed this thing thanx again to u & bruce this app is most appreciated
    Ditto!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Woot! My side button is now assigned to this! This app rocks!

Thanks for clarifying the effect when turning the lights back on, was curious too!
    Great job guys.

Just installed it. Works perfectly. I'm don't think I'll even bother assigning it to a button. I'll just leave the lights off all the time.
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    Very nice! I just put a shortcut to it in iLauncher just in case I need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by budney View Post
    Very nice! I just put a shortcut to it in iLauncher just in case I need it.
    Ditto!
    Great stuff. Works perfectly.
    Thanks to everyone who worked hard to get this thing working..
    I think next appl should be a solution to change the 'Service Carrier Name' at the top to whatever we wish..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Thanks to everyone who worked hard to get this thing working..
    I think next appl should be a solution to change the 'Service Carrier Name' at the top to whatever we wish..
    Thats done already
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Thats done already
    he probably means permanently. right now it reverts back on a soft-reset or carrier change due to roaming.

personally, I think this would be an unimportant and useless hack. A better and much more important hack is getting rid of that entire line (which Vijay and Hannip (hopefully) are working on)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Great job guys.

Just installed it. Works perfectly. I'm don't think I'll even bother assigning it to a button. I'll just leave the lights off all the time.
    That's what I say!!! Stick it to the man! Turn off your KB lights forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    he probably means permanently. right now it reverts back on a soft-reset or carrier change due to roaming.

personally, I think this would be an unimportant and useless hack. A better and much more important hack is getting rid of that entire line (which Vijay and Hannip (hopefully) are working on)
    Yeah I saw the other thread. On the 240 x 240 that little bit helps a lot.

He said "to whatever we wish," so it sounds like he meant the name itself. Probably just for cosmetic purposes, since it doesn't stick after a soft reset anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    Fantastic program! Works as advertised! Great deal at twice the price! Bye bye keyboard lights, ne'er shall you shine a'gin!

Nice job on the dev side. Splendid in fact.
    Sorry to be dumb here guys, but what's the big deal about the lights being on? If it's at night, why wouldn't you keyboard lights to shine?

Arc
    In caves all cats are gray...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanic View Post
    Sorry to be dumb here guys, but what's the big deal about the lights being on? If it's at night, why wouldn't you keyboard lights to shine?

Arc
    1) Save battery life

How much power do you think is consumed lighing up 35 LEDs? Hint: a lot (this is also why Palm opted to not have a blinking green service LED)

2) During the day, they are flat out not needed. In fact I keep mine off nearly all the time (I said 80% yesterday, more like 95%).

3) At night, they are nice. When in a movie theater or by your bed or driving while using GPS, they are too bright.

What's the point in having a dim screen (10%) w/ the KB lights blarring bright?

1) Save battery life

How much power do you think is consumed lighing up 35 LEDs? Hint: a lot

2) During the day, they are flat out not needed. In fact I keep mine off nearly all the time (I said 80% yesterday, more like 95%).

3) At night, they are nice. When in a movie theater or by your bed or driving while using GPS, they are too bright.
    EXACTLY, and with a few little clicks you can turn them back on at night if you prefer.

Its free, it saves battery, and its simple. No-brainer for me
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Malatesta (or however you spell it), you da man!

Makes watching movies in TCPMP much easier, not having the lights blaring at you in the dark.
    Thanks a bunch to both the developer and tester. Very useful!
    1) Save battery life

How much power do you think is consumed lighing up 35 LEDs? Hint: a lot (this is also why Palm opted to not have a blinking green service LED)

What's the point in having a dim screen (10%) w/ the KB lights blarring bright?
    I agree. I keep mine off all day.
    I need mine to dim with the screen also.
    I can't read my treo at night with the screen dimmed and the KB blaring bright.
    The 700's kb dims w/ the screen right?
    Just call me Berd.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I agree. I keep mine off all day.
    I need mine to dim with the screen also.
    I can't read my treo at night with the screen dimmed and the KB blaring bright.
    The 700's kb dims w/ the screen right?
    I don't think they do dim with the screen...hard to say. I'm pretty sure they're independent of the screen and the only reg for them is "on" "off".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast