Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    So every one that has a Treo 700wx has been experiencing the text messaging issue for the past few weeks. We have all griped, complained, and e-mailed sprint about the issue with limited success. There is a rumored "fix" to be issued sometime this week that will "supposedly" fix the text messaging issue. If this fix isnít in our hands by 12:00 Noon EST, I say we call a "National take your Treo 700wx into Sprint day". Everyone with a 700wx take your phone into your local sprint store and tell them you are having problems with your phone receiving and sending text messages to other carriers. Make sure they log a trouble ticket. The sprint tech will more than likely return your phone with "we didn't find anything wrong" and at this time you reply "I know its not the phone, Its your Damn network....so fix it!!!!

Will this fix the problem....probably not. But maybe the inflow of hundreds of 700wx's coming into sprint stores for the same problem may bring more attention to the issue. Hopefully we can stop getting these senseless "hard reset your phone" responses to why your phone is not working.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    That would be Hilarious!
    Just call me Berd.
    LIke the idea!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    So like 17 people go storming up to the Sprint kiosk at their regional malls across the country and in unison yell, "Fix your damn network!" Is that the general idea?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo View Post
    So like 17 people go storming up to the Sprint kiosk at their regional malls across the country and in unison yell, "Fix your damn network!" Is that the general idea?
    Maybe if more than one treo 700wx comes in with the same problem, someone will start to take notice.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    If I go into any local Sprint store for even a CAR CHARGER, I am there an hour. Forget the customer service side of the store!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    It's a nice idea of getting people together to bring this issue but i think going to the stores is useless.

We would see SO much better results if we called either executive services or just regular tech service... Ask to drop a ticket on this... [b]itch a lot! And THEN it will be something when the techs see hundreds of tickets open on this issue.. And maybe they will give it a higher priority.
    They are well aware of the problem, I talked to tech support on saturday and they said it's a known national issue.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Does anyone else feel like Sprint should comp us 700wx users for this? I mean its been a few days now. The only folks I can SMS are other Sprint and Cingular numbers. Forget trying to Text Tmobile or Verizon.

I feel we should get a relief of some sort..
    So far, I've received about $60 in credits plus an offer of a 6700 or 700p replacement.

Just ask.
    I received a $56.00 credit for spending 80 or so mins on the phone this past Saturday!
    this would have worked if it was done on OCT 3 maybe .... like everyone in the country

but yeah its a good idea. It just sucks cause yeah it takes FOREVER to get anything done at these places. And they always tell you the same general crap. Either replace the phone or take the battery out and repeat.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Well lets see what Sprint will do for me. I just sent a long email to eCARE thru my SprintPCS online account. Im pretty upset that half of my contacts is all I can send text messages to.
    HERE MY SOLUTION!!! i got the idea from this thread, THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2dope View Post
    ok, ive got an even better IDEA.... I got the idea from the other thread about "take your phone into sprint day"
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=127115

Heres MY IDEA... let someone else do the work for us, someone who can go places and ask questions and make news, since WE CANT obviously...

CNN - i pick them cause Robin Meade in the morning is so HOT.... and funny AND credible. Still shes got researchers on her side.

lets flood them with emails to the same email address all from us different users with subject line somelike like "NEWS - SPRINT RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS - NO TEXT MESSAGES"

i mean cmon, these people LIVE to kick up SH*T, so lets let them do it for us. If they can do a story on this...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/24/bos....ap/index.html

then they should at least think about investigating WHY Sprint isnt or wont do anything about it, or at least get Sprint to notice and acknolwedge the fact that something is wrong. Ive sure the news people will even get a big kick and make a bigger deal about it that is like an "online rebellion to get attention" or whatever cause thats what we have to do to get noticed.

Ive already taken the trouble to go to CNN.com and finding THIS ...

http://www.cnn.com/exchange/ireports...king.news.html

Its an online "I-report" for you to submit news. It even suggest to send videos and pictures. Maybe we can all include pictures or our phones or something just to show that this isnt all one guy sending mass email to them. Like send a picture with your phone holding up a paper saying your first name and city to PHSYCIALLY show our individuality (the news people love that stuff...) imagine them montaging (spelling) our pictures with voice over... or even just making a little news blip on their webpage about it. ANYTHING HELPS!

Also, if we all include some kind of similar text in our messages, that should help like.. something like this
    --------------------------------------------

"Dear CNN, PLEASE HELP US!!!

I am involved in a mass ONLINE group ASKING FOR YOUR HELP! Sprint's text messages do not fully work and they are STILL CHARGING US! This has been going on since OCT 3 it seems like. This effects 1000's of people! As you can see here at TREOCENTRAL.COM - a specific chat thread near the top entitled "Issues Sending text messages to other cell carriers." As of right now... this chat has 8,905 views, with 389 replies. PLUS, who knows how many more people dont go to this specific site, have the phone and pay for the service but dont know about the problem, or just dont care enough to report it. Many of us use this phone for personal use, work use, and like me - IS MY ONLY WAY TO CONTACT PEOPLE. We have come to a conclusion and BELIEVE this is only specific to their recently released Treo700WX phone that retails for $650.00

LINK TO TREOCENTRAL.COM DISCUSSION PAGE
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

HERES A DIRECT LINK FOR YOU TO READ OTHER OWNERS THOUGHTS.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125673

We have all tried contacting Sprint and there is NO ANSWER to our questiosn we all get the run around and some have tried work arounds creating programs and even resorted to going back to their OLD cell phones.. because obviously sprint doesnt think these $650.00 phones arent worth text messages. If possible, spread the word, do some research, see how many people have bought these phones and exchange/repaired or switch back to their old ones. We cant even get sprint to admit their is a problem or guess when it would be fixed or anything. WE NEED OUR TEXT MESSAGES! PLEASE HELP US! I have included a picture of my phone and a message, please enjoy, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Heres my EXAMPLES OF WHAT EVERYBODY SHOULD SEND, something to this effect. SPREAD THIS AROUND IM SENDING MINE IN RIGHT NOW!!!!!

EDIT: this is their specific TECH page, maybe on there somebody can find a specific E-mail to a certain guy who can make bigger news about this.. http://www.cnn.com/TECH/
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    HERE MY SOLUTION!!! i got the idea from this thread, THANKS!
    I am down! Someone draft the email for us to copy! Be sure to give Treocentral.com some credit/visibility!
    My Phone history.....
    I'm in
    the one posted above is what i copied and pasted into their email...

BUT..I was thinking if everyone just types what they know... then maybe that would be better.... adds some personality to it... someone mention T-MOBILE & VERIZON in their email to them cause i forgot to. also, maybe update the VIEWS & REPLIES #'s or just edit the text completely...

ill post it down below just incase...
    ------------------------------------
    ""Dear CNN, PLEASE HELP US!!!

I am involved in a mass ONLINE group ASKING FOR YOUR HELP! Sprint's text messages do not fully work and they are STILL CHARGING US! This has been going on since OCT 3 it seems like. This effects 1000's of people! As you can see here at TREOCENTRAL.COM - a specific chat thread near the top entitled "Issues Sending text messages to other cell carriers." As of right now... this chat has 8,905 views, with 389 replies. PLUS, who knows how many more people dont go to this specific site, have the phone and pay for the service but dont know about the problem, or just dont care enough to report it. Many of us use this phone for personal use, work use, and like me - IS MY ONLY WAY TO CONTACT PEOPLE. We have come to a conclusion and BELIEVE this is only specific to their recently released Treo700WX phone that retails for $650.00

LINK TO TREOCENTRAL.COM DISCUSSION PAGE
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

HERES A DIRECT LINK FOR YOU TO READ OTHER OWNERS THOUGHTS.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125673

We have all tried contacting Sprint and there is NO ANSWER to our questiosn we all get the run around and some have tried work arounds creating programs and even resorted to going back to their OLD cell phones.. because obviously sprint doesnt think these $650.00 phones arent worth text messages. If possible, spread the word, do some research, see how many people have bought these phones and exchange/repaired or switch back to their old ones. We cant even get sprint to admit their is a problem or guess when it would be fixed or anything. WE NEED OUR TEXT MESSAGES! PLEASE HELP US! I have included a picture of my phone and a message, please enjoy, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!"
    this was also my reply on the other thread.. for those who havent read or wont eventually go..

ok GOT MINE SENT... REPLY HERE WHEN YOU'VE SENT YOURS - LETS MAKE AN IMPRESSION!

noticed the highlighted green part... THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THIS IS GOING TO WORK!!!! CMON!!!! it took FIVE MINUTES!!!! the time i posted the first one, to now. DONT FORGET TO CLICK THE "I AGREE" STUFF AT THE BOTTOM!

I know you guys have a digital camera if you own a $650 phone, if not even better, then USE YOUR TREO!!! WRITE A NOTE AND GET IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR! (if the crappy treo camera soaks in the good lighting of your bathroom)

Well, before tonight, and before checking out Treo Central, I decided to call Sprint to see what the deal was. Well, they opened a ticket asked me about 20 nonsense questions (as usual) and said they were going to have a tech guy call me. Well they did eventually call me but since I was at work, I couldn't get to the phone. The tech guy said that it's a hardware problem and that apparently Palm is aware of the problem and is "working" on a fix. When the software update is going to be available is unknown. After I heard the message he said he was closing my ticket. Sh*t, I just renewed my plan for another 2 years to get a deal on the 700wx but this isn't cool and the fact that they don't have an estimate of when there's going to be a fix surely makes things worse.