Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    That looks like it might. Can you check and see if the display is different with "bluetooth on" vs. "bluetooth connected?"

By this I mean the default logo bar's BLUE symbol vs. the WHITE symbol, not headset logo during a call.
    I don't have my BT headset with me but they are independent of each other.

So I can just have the BT on with no headset.

I'm not sure if the Headset comes on when paired or when in-call though.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2.    #142  
    In the FULL version I know there is a setting under profiles:

Bluetooth: On/Off/Leave Unchanged

Headset: Off/On (activate Bluetooth headset)

from PA Forums:

It would be nice to see the status of a headset connection in the today plugin.
    A klick on the status icon should enable the default bluetooth headset connection.
    This already exists! Is in the SWIIQVGA skin for example.

Yes - headset is only supported in the FULL version of v1.51!!

It will be in both versions for v1.52 (as will WiFi icon)
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/09/2006 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I don't have my BT headset with me but they are independent of each other.

So I can just have the BT on with no headset.

I'm not sure if the Headset comes on when paired or when in-call though.
    This sounds like PA only supports 3 status scenarios, not the four supported by the original icon on the Verizon line. Again, there needs to be 4 different logos:

1) BT off
    2) BT on but not paired
    3) BT on and paired (but NOT in a call)
    4) BT actually involved in a call

Sounds like you are saying #3 is consolidated on PA with either #2 or #4. That would not work for me. For example, I use BT GPS receiver as well as a Motorola HS-850 headset. I want to know if the GPS has paired correctly (#3, which is not the same as #2), separately from if I am on a headset call (#4, which is not the same as #3).

Is that clear as mud? Not to be a pain, but I think a number of us love the hidelogo program. However, if there is not a way to replicate the 4 status behaviorof the BT icon, we can not use it. Whether that replocation is done via a prgram like PA or a simple separate today plug-in on the task bar is not important.

If PA does not currently do this, maybe it is something that can be added in 1.52?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    If PA does not currently do this, maybe it is something that can be added in 1.52?
    acutally, 1.56.1 is the latest version. Bruce is taking/responding to feature requests though for PhoneAlarm 1.60 though, which is a major overhaul.

However, seeing as this would basically require a new icon, or a modified one and would essentially break all the old skins, I'm guessing he'll be very dis-inclined to do this. Still, you won't know till you ask.

For me, considering my BT barely stats connected to my 640, this is a moot point now as I just don't really use/rely on BT.

BTW, my hunch is the plugin is doing 1, 2 and 3 but not 4.

I am only concerned with #3 really, so you can see when your connection "drops" for no reason. At least when I use the Plantronics 510, I get a beep in my ear to let me know.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    acutally, 1.56.1 is the latest version. Bruce is taking/responding to feature requests though for PhoneAlarm 1.60 though, which is a major overhaul.

However, seeing as this would basically require a new icon, or a modified one and would essentially break all the old skins, I'm guessing he'll be very dis-inclined to do this. Still, you won't know till you ask.

For me, considering my BT barely stats connected to my 640, this is a moot point now as I just don't really use/rely on BT.

BTW, my hunch is the plugin is doing 1, 2 and 3 but not 4.
    I think that PA just sees 2, 3 and 4 as "on". I think it's a matter of distinguishing between the different "on" modes... I agree, it would be wonderful to have this ability. We should all throw it over to Bruce... I do miss being able to tell that my BT disconnected.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
    I think that PA just sees 2, 3 and 4 as "on". I think it's a matter of distinguishing between the different "on" modes... I agree, it would be wonderful to have this ability. We should all throw it over to Bruce... I do miss being able to tell that my BT disconnected.
    Not true, this is dependent on the skin.

e.g. I can just have the BT icon on to show that BT is on. The "headset" icon stays off.

If I pair my headset, the headset icon in addition to the BT icon, turns on.

I'm 90% sure that if my headset were to disconnect, the headset icon would turn off. I'm fairly positive that's the whole reason why Bruce put it there! What I don't think it does, it show you if you are in a call via BT (e.g. #4).

Can't anyone test this now? I won't be home till late tonight.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Not true, this is dependent on the skin.

e.g. I can just have the BT icon on to show that BT is on. The "headset" icon stays off.

If I pair my headset, the headset icon in addition to the BT icon, turns on.

I'm 90% sure that if my headset were to disconnect, the headset icon would turn off. I'm fairly positive that's the whole reason why Bruce put it there! What I don't think it does, it show you if you are in a call via BT (e.g. #4).

Can't anyone test this now? I won't be home till late tonight.
    Ah, that's cool. I guess I've never used a skin with the headset icon separate. I'll have to look around!
    This is a great hack! Just what I was searching for.

I wish I could leave the Lookup Field on screen and just hide the carrier line. Maybe one day?

GREAT WORK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    This is a great hack! Just what I was searching for.

I wish I could leave the Lookup Field on screen and just hide the carrier line. Maybe one day?

GREAT WORK!
    Why do you need the lookup field on the screen? It reappears when you type in a name or number while on the Today screen.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Id like to be able to keep the date when we get rid of the carrier line....
    me too, is there any way so far that you can keep the date in the today screen but still continue to leave the carrier logo out?
    There's a similar program that does this and shows weather, date, and I think stock picks as well. I don't recall the name though off the top of my head.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    i tried using the hidelogo.cab file and loved the extra real estate. However, using it kills my ability to voice dial via BT. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this issue?

Treo 750 with official ATT WM6 ROM
    Any new work done on this? The link in the early posts is dead. I am moving from my 2 year old Spring 700wx to the Verizon equivalent... and so I'm trying to get th enew phone set up like the old one was. I can't seem to find the cab for this fix anywhere.
    No more work was needed on this, as it was a complete product lng ago.

I have attached the cab file to this post for you!

HideLogo11.cab is something I have loaded on every Treo since it came out!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I have attached the cab file to this post for you!
    Just what I needed. Installed and working. Gracias!
    This plug-in doesn't appear to work on my Treo 800w/wm6.1. Its not in my startup folder, i soft reset it, redownloaded several times to both my device and storage card (one or the other, not both at the same time). It shows up in my today screen prefences and is checked but my status info is still there. Anyonehave any ideas or suggestions?
    I use the free product 'Personalizer' to remove the carrier info. You can get it at:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...izer-v2-0.html

I am not connevted with this product; I have used it for a long time.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Ching714 View Post
    This plug-in doesn't appear to work on my Treo 800w/wm6.1. Its not in my startup folder, i soft reset it, redownloaded several times to both my device and storage card (one or the other, not both at the same time). It shows up in my today screen prefences and is checked but my status info is still there. Anyonehave any ideas or suggestions?
    Have you also selected "Hide lookup field"? If you don't, it won't work.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast