Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    This is the best post I have ever read. Very funny.

Greg
    I was feeling especially snarky yesterday.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    snarky
    Can you please use that word in ANOTHER sentence???
    Quote Originally Posted by mavick View Post
    can you goto today agenda options and check the layout tab and tell me if fixed height is checked please?

if not please check it and assign a height of around 160? for you. and soft reboot.

due to the nature of today agenda when that is not checked the height fluctuates rapidly and causes hide logo to grab the wrong global variables

as you can see in the following picture i have made your layout work with the same hidelogo plugin. just do the fixed height to 160

Mavick, I actually have Today/Agenda configured exactly as you suggested. I found out the problem was that I still had the Date checked and this caused the black bar to appear. Everything is GREAT now. I LOVE my Today screen.
    Thank you VERY much for your hard and long work on this.

Ed
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Can you please use that word in ANOTHER sentence???
    Hey, it's a real word!

snark∑y Pronunciation (snšrk)
    adj. snark∑i∑er, snark∑i∑est Slang
    Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

I concede, however, that I'm basically always snarky, so it's kind of redundant for me to report on my current state ;-)

basically always
    Double adverb anyone? LOL Still have props for you, I expanded my vocabulary today!
  6.    #126  
    Double adverb anyone? !
    I am not alone! (link)

Lmao
  8.    #128  
    Lmao
    and if you want to get theoretical about it, Cinque (1999) describes the adverb hierarchy e.g. we often say "usually still" but never "still usually"

and if you want to get theoretical about it, Cinque (1999) describes the adverb hierarchy e.g. we often say "usually still" but never "still usually"
    Thats one pricey book. Can I just take your word for it? LOL
  10.    #130  
    Thats one pricey book. Can I just take your word for it? LOL
    You sure? It's a fine read!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    I found out the problem was that I still had the Date checked and this caused the black bar to appear.

Ed
    i found that this was my problem. all is well now!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Not that great but I like it and it has taken me a long time.

Had a couple of problems after installing hidelogo cab.
    First the treo wouldn't make a call as selected from the hide search field. I unchecked and restarted and it worked again. Rechecked the field and calling appeared to work normally, but the data wouldn't connect for pop email download.
    I still get that cutoff today screen after smart-dial. I can't believe I am th eonly one, this is even after a hard reset
    Ok, I have been using the hide logo program since the cab for a today plug-in was released. The install went fine and I have no problems making it work. My problem is how it works. I don’t know if there is something I can do or if this is just a little bug, but here is my story...

I have my today screen set up like this...

But after I make or receive a call it looks like this...

I have the scroll bar on the side with just a little room to scroll. Like maybe one pixel. If I go to menu/today screen preferences, not changing anything, and exit out of it, my today screen goes back to normal. I haven't seen anyone comment on this here so I thought I would. Is there something I should do? Does maverick know about this? Is there any chance he could fix this in the program?

I’m not trying to look like I’m complaining or anything. The app has worked great for a lot of people.

Thanks for any help, Cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    Ok, I have been using the hide logo program since the cab for a today plug-in was released. The install went fine and I have no problems making it work. My problem is how it works. I donít know if there is something I can do or if this is just a little bug, but here is my story...

I have my today screen set up like this...

But after I make or receive a call it looks like this...

I have the scroll bar on the side with just a little room to scroll. Like maybe one pixel. If I go to menu/today screen preferences, not changing anything, and exit out of it, my today screen goes back to normal. I haven't seen anyone comment on this here so I thought I would. Is there something I should do? Does maverick know about this? Is there any chance he could fix this in the program?

Iím not trying to look like Iím complaining or anything. The app has worked great for a lot of people.

Thanks for any help, Cody

Strangely, this scroll bar after a call behavior has happened to me randomly and occasionally (maybe after 1 of 5 calls, but I can not detect a pattern)
    BOTH before and after installing the hidelogo plug-in. I have always just hit one for voicemail and then hung up immediately, which "refreshed" the today screen and fixed the problem.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    This doesn't fix the hide logo program but how about using Today Agenda to display the appointments you have coming up. You can set a height for it and it will scroll within that height. You can also do a relative fontsize within it. Your screen is tight with only 1 appointment so if you have 2 you will get a scroll bar anyway. With Today Agenda, it will be limited to just that plugin. I like that I never get a scroll bar on my WeatherPanel.

Another idea is to reduce the size of your WeatherPanel plugin by maybe 1 pixel to get that added space you need. Although you may not like what you see then.

Greg

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Obviously, we all think the carrier name is a total waste of space, otherwise this post would never have existed. But I was thinking this morning that I also can't see my Bluetooth status, and since the BT on the 700wx is SO RELIABLE, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on another way of monitoring it without leaving the carrier bar...

is there another little plugin or something that people are using? I have VJ's Volubilis installed to toggle it, so that's not the issue, but it drops my headset occasionally, and the only way I might realize it is by looking at the annoying greyed-out icon...
    I understand exactly what Alienwhere is saying. The stock BT icon on the Verizon bar has 4 status scenarios:

1) Grey = BT off
    2) Blue = BT on, but not paired with anything
    3) White = BT on and paired w/ 1 or more devices - headsets, GPS, etc..
    4) Headphones = BT actively on a call

VJ's toggle does not solve the the issue of not seeing the 4 icon positions.

Unless I'm mistaken, neither does Phone Alarm. When I tested PA, the BT icon only had 2 positions, off or on. The other 2 above are not differentiated.

PA experts, am I missing something? Is there a setting or skin that shows the status beyond on/off?

If not, are there any other plug-ins that are out there that do show the full spectrum of BT status?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I understand exactly what Alienwhere is saying. The stock BT icon on the Verizon bar has 4 status scenarios:

1) Grey = BT off
    2) Blue = BT on, but not paired with anything
    3) White = BT on and paired w/ 1 or more devices - headsets, GPS, etc..
    4) Headphones = BT actively on a call

VJ's toggle does not solve the the issue of not seeing the 4 icon positions.

Unless I'm mistaken, neither does Phone Alarm. When I tested PA, the BT icon only had 2 positions, off or on. The other 2 above are not differentiated.

PA experts, am I missing something? Is there a setting or skin that shows the status beyond on/off?

If not, are there any other plug-ins that are out there that do show the full spectrum of BT status?
    I think this is what you are talking about, so yes PA can make the seperation. Not sure if it's a Full vs Lite version but it is definitely dependent on the Skin and if that function is skinned for it.

I think this is what you are talking about, so yes PA can make the seperation. Not sure if it's a Full vs Lite version but it is definitely dependent on the Skin and if that function is skinned for it.

That looks like it might. Can you check and see if the display is different with "bluetooth on" vs. "bluetooth connected?"

By this I mean the default logo bar's BLUE symbol vs. the WHITE symbol, not headset logo during a call.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast