Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I don't see it in the Today settings to enable/disable it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    So once it's installed it's always on I guess........
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I don't see it in the Today settings to enable/disable it.
    its a background process for now.

Check ppcgeeks.com for more information
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    So once it's installed it's always on I guess........
    same with any other background process programs... but only thing this program does is check for a window and only do anything if its found. So far it hasnt taken much memory from my phone and its only a 700w. in fact when idle it seems stable. my phonealarm has been at the same number since ive installed it a few hours ago.

Theres more testing to be done and more optimization. but it shouldn't be too bad.
    Like Mavick said on PPCgeeks.com as long as you don't put it in your startup folder it will go away after a reset. I can confirm it does that on the 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    What do I do with this rar file?
    Open up the rar file using an app like winrar, then copy the exe file over to your treo.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks. I appreciate it
    Hey JimmieGeddes, JamesRitter there was a small mistake in the download you guys had, try the new one it should be a lot easier on memory.
    When I try it on my wx, my Today screen all of my plugins disappear. The Today screen is blank until a soft reset
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    It works on mine, except it removes the carrier logo as well as the Date today plugin. Good work though. Thanks.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    The new version is running fine on my 700wx, except that it has removed my date plugin like Smeg said.
    Jimmie Geddes
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    When I try it on my wx, my Today screen all of my plugins disappear. The Today screen is blank until a soft reset
    same here.

Edit
    : On a softreset, I tried something different. I put the file into my Start Menu instead of activiating it via Explorer. I also did it right away without running anything.

It works now. (glee)

Edit 2: If you try to change your PA skin while this is working, do any of you loose all your today plugins until a soft reset? That's how I re-created the above.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/25/2006 at 11:29 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    same here.

Edit
    : On a softreset, I tried something different. I put the file into my Start Menu instead of activiating it via Explorer. I also did it right away without running anything.

It works now. (glee)

Edit 2: If you try to change your PA skin while this is working, do any of you loose all your today plugins until a soft reset? That's how I re-created the above.
    My today screen is blank, except for the vgs tray icon, even after placing it in the start menu.
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 10/25/2006 at 12:42 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    My today screen is blank, except for the vgs tray icon, even after placing it in the start menu. Were you talking about your "startup" folder instead?

NO ONE ELSE try this for now. Seems I can't remove it from there, and my today screen is blank...
    Here's the deal: it seems anything running in the lower tray area throw it off, or at least it does with TrueToolbar.

No one should put this in their startup folder! All you need to do is soft-reset and it's normal again, no biggy.

If it is in your startup, naviagate to that folder and delete and then softreset.

Here's the deal: it seems anything running in the lower tray area throw it off, or at least it does with TrueToolbar.

No one should put this in their startup folder! All you need to do is soft-reset and it's normal again, no biggy.

If it is in your startup, naviagate to that folder and delete and then softreset.
    I am going to edit that out, so no one tries it.

It wil NOT let you delete it. I had to install memmaid, kill the running process, then delete it. What a pain!

Regardless, you use vgsmail correct? How did you disable the tray icon? I'd love to get rid of it, more real estate
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I am going to edit that out, so no one tries it.

It wil NOT let you delete it. I had to install memmaid, kill the running process, then delete it. What a pain!

Regardless, you use vgsmail correct? How did you disable the tray icon? I'd love to get rid of it, more real estate
    So you put it in the startup folder? That's obviously not a good idea for any beta!

I don't use VGSMail anymore, just mail2web.

Here is the problem I noticed with TrueToolbar:

See how it's highlighted going vertically instead of horizontally?

So you put it in the startup folder? That's obviously not a good idea for any beta!

I don't use VGSMail anymore, just mail2web.

Here is the problem I noticed with TrueToolbar:

See how it's highlighted going vertically instead of horizontally?
    Exactly what I get, except the icon is the vgs icon. I also use mail2web for my work acct.

I use vgs for AOL, since AOL cannot forward mail yet (coming soon). I need that program, so I'll deal w/the carrier logo for now.
    Ok so I deleted the original form the start menu via total commander , no problem, then downloaded the updated one and ran it from the programs folder,,, works perfect.........

So do I just tap it after a reset or is there an more automated way?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Ok so I deleted the original form the start menu via total commander , no problem, then downloaded the updated one and ran it from the programs folder,,, works perfect.........

So do I just tap it after a reset or is there an more automated way?
    the more automated way would be to put into \windows\start up

but I do NOT recommend doing that for a beta! You're kinda screwed if it doesn't play nice...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast