1.    #1  
    Anyone here using PocketMax PhoneAlarm on the 750v? If so, is it stable, any problems? Does the SMS indicate properly even with the new messaging? Are you using the full or lite version? Thanks for any feedback!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Anyone here using PocketMax PhoneAlarm on the 750v? If so, is it stable, any problems? Does the SMS indicate properly even with the new messaging? Are you using the full or lite version? Thanks for any feedback!
    I have and it works fine. I have had minor issues, but nothing that would prevent me from using it.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I have and it works fine. I have had minor issues, but nothing that would prevent me from using it.
    Such as? Lite or full version?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I was using the Lite version. I saw refresh issues when an indicator changed state. I mostly used the Jinks Clear theme. Overall, I really like it. It takes up less space to show you status of more things (email, sms, missed calls, etc.).
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  5.    #5  
    So you haven't noticed any stability issues (I don't have it, just checking). I think it has ability to set an alarm also, do you use that at all?
    So you haven't noticed any stability issues (I don't have it, just checking). I think it has ability to set an alarm also, do you use that at all?
    In addition to the above, does the (switching) profile options work?

Before I cracked my KJAM screen, I was in the middle of the 30 day trial with PALite. It most definately worked as advertised and did not slow my auto-scaled KJAM down at all.

When I get my device back, I will probably buy the licence. It would be great if I could use it also when(if) a 700 comes my way!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  7.    #7  
    Another stupid question, it can do "alarms" for voicemail, email, sms. There are normally alerts and sounds that can be set in the sounds settings for these anyway. How does it work with this? Does if override the normal system settings? If so, does it allow midi and MP3 sounds in addition to the wave sounds. It wasn't clear from what I've seen. I've noticed in a number of windows mobile apps that they only support wave sounds.
    Another stupid question, it can do "alarms" for voicemail, email, sms. There are normally alerts and sounds that can be set in the sounds settings for these anyway. How does it work with this? Does if override the normal system settings? If so, does it allow midi and MP3 sounds in addition to the wave sounds. It wasn't clear from what I've seen. I've noticed in a number of windows mobile apps that they only support wave sounds.
    The user guide can help you out:
    http://www.pocketmax.net/pA_User.pdf
  9.    #9  
    Hmm, confusing. It says MIDI and MP3 sound supported, the a few lines down says NOTE: .mid files not supported on the Treo 700w.

???
    Hmm, confusing. It says MIDI and MP3 sound supported, the a few lines down says NOTE: .mid files not supported on the Treo 700w.

???
    Well, at least you can use mp3.
    Using Lite version right now. No problem with missed call or VM indicator, but I don't think SMS' is working correctly. Like right now i've just receieved 2 SMS, but it sitll shows 0 on Today screen. Probably due to threaded SMS app used by Palm?
  12.    #12  
    I'm giving this a try today. It keeps resetting my backlighting to 50% at various times although in every profile I've got it set to 100%. Anyone else seeing this?
    Hello, new 750v owner here.
    Just install phonealarm latest version last night, with jinks skin. I have a couple issues since yesterday:

1. Cannot answer call: I missed one call beforehand, and the same caller called again, all buttons were locked: cannot press the center button, cannot use the green button. I have to soft reset the phone.

2. If I have missed calls, usually the left soft button would be changed to "missed call" and I can press the hard button to bring the list up. But if phonealarm is also indicating missed calls, hard button can't do anything. Have to touch the screen to either phonealarm icon or missed call at lower left corner.

I am not sure 100% if it is phonealarm issue. But will bring it up and see if anyone encounter the same.

Thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Anyone else seeing this backlight issue? Is there a way to tell it not to control some settings? I don't see any way to do this, for backlighting it only shows a value, I'd rather have it not touch a lot of the stuff it insists on controlling.
    I had backlight issue with mine too, but I uninstalled it a week ago tho. It's a nice add on, but not necessary to have.
  16.    #16  
    Yes, I uninstalled it also. I want the billing logging primarily, and the ability to put the new notices into a smaller space on the today screen. But the problems weren't worth it yet.
    I have applied this tool a couple of days ago and didn't mentioned this behavour. ... still was searching for a skin which saves space on the doday screen and looks good which seems to be impossible.

However, does anyone knows a tool that escalates alerts to the LED? This is one of the features i am missng from the 650.