1.    #1  
    I have noticed that since I hard reset the device, the network status LED is no longer functioning.

The light is on when charging but when unplugged, it does not indicate network status.

Anyone have an idea how to turn it back on? TIA.
    Mine does the same. I don't know the solution.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Its by design that it doesn't blink to indicate service. The Treo 700wx does the same. It can come on for an alert, blinks red for no service, and comes on for charging. Personally I would prefer it to blink for service but apparently some people don't like this.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Would be nice if there was a reg hack to enable it
    So what used to be the status light on all of the other treos no longer flashes for service. Man, I liked that blinking green light.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Quote Originally Posted by eimajuno View Post
    So what used to be the status light on all of the other treos no longer flashes for service. Man, I liked that blinking green light.
    I feel the very same way, i have no idea why palm took it upon themselves to just remove it without at least giving us an option. a simple check option box in the settings options would have been so simple.
    I guess the theory is no news is good news? But I like the blinking to show me that it's on and working, vs. off or the battery died. Even the Cingular 8125 blinks green when it has a signal.
    Sounds like a first project for me writing my first Treo WM5 app. Maybe blink green for good, yellow for weak signal, and red for no signal.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    It already blinks red for no signal, it just doesn't blink for when there is a signal.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I seem to remember this being the case with the 650 from certain carriers.
    No sure although it is the case with the 700p and 700wx from Sprint (although not the 700p and 700w from Verizon).

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    I seem to remember this being the case with the 650 from certain carriers.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Which suggests it's down to carrier preference.

Did find a couple of registry keys which might be related

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Flash Mode
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Phone Status Flags
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Its by design that it doesn't blink to indicate service. The Treo 700wx does the same. It can come on for an alert, blinks red for no service, and comes on for charging. Personally I would prefer it to blink for service but apparently some people don't like this.
    Hi, I'm new to Treos in general and just got the Cingular 750. Is there a way for me to set the LED light to blink as an indicator of new email messages? I previously had a Blackberry and am used to being alerted by the LED rather than a sound. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hlgere View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Treos in general and just got the Cingular 750. Is there a way for me to set the LED light to blink as an indicator of new email messages? I previously had a Blackberry and am used to being alerted by the LED rather than a sound. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67&postcount=6
    I'm glad that Palm got rid of the blinking blue/green/yellow/rainbow etc. lights. But, I wish Palm would have kept the new message/missed call indicator lights.
    Thanks. Sorry to be dense, but I am not the most technologically savvy person...how do I install this and make it work on my Palm? Can anyone talk me through it? Thank you!
    1) Download the zip file to your pc and unzip it.
    2) Copy led.reg to your treo using ActiveSync Explore.
    3) On the treo use File Explorer to find the file and click on it to run it.

Note: I'm not sure if you need a registry editor installed first to run the reg file. Someone else claimed you don't, but if it doesn't work install a registry editor such as Resco's and try again.
    It's probably been disabled to preserve battery life.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Got it! This is really helpful - thanks so much, everyone.
  19. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    PhoneAlarm also re-enables the message alert LED - and many other useful functions too! E.g. see&select bluetooth/mail/sms/missed calls/voicemail/battery/signal status all in one row (save valuable space on the Treo screen, especially with a compact skin) + powerful profile switching etc. Got to be THE essential app for the Treo!