Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What is the maximum sized minisd card that the 750v will take?

I want to get a 4gb sized one. Will the 750v handle that large a size?

Thanks
    i found a site selling 4gb min-sd for $169:

http://www.imatephonestore.com/acces...eAs=IMATE_KJAM

but check this out:

http://www.bengalboy.com/modules/new...id=584&forum=8

according to him, he cant get his PDA (not a 750) to recognize 4gb, only 2gb, and he doesnt know why.

Anyone know?
    I read another thread somewhere that people were somehow making 2GB cards appear to be 4GB cards. Also, the 4 in that picture looks Photoshoped.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    is there any reason why a 4gb wouldn't work?

Does the treo 750 need a 'shadowmite fat32 hack' (here we go again)?
    WM supports up to 4GB cards natively so it should work with no problem.
    Weaweil, did you read the Bengalboy link? He couldnt get it to work.
    Well if you read the thread it didn't work with the smartphone, but did you notice that empty the card shows 1/2 full on the laptop also? So I don't think the problem was just the smartphone it was showing only 2GB available out of 4 on the laptop. Either this is something wrong with that card or some problem with mini-SD drivers for 4GB.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    perhaps they just sold him a 2gb card.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    perhaps they just sold him a 2gb card.
    That would be Rude!
    But, Who Knows.
    Just call me Berd.
    amazon shows 4gb mini-sd at around $140. anyone ever heard of the sellers?
    SanDisk is the only one I've seen saying that they will release a 4GB so far. But I think they said something about only SD 2.0(the updated standard) will support them.

Just checked, no 4GB mini for sale on their site yet.
    I have a feeling the people claiming to sell 4GB minis could be scammers.

Here's the link with info on the 4GB mini.

http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Pre...e.aspx?ID=3530
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/26/2006 at 01:08 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. tcs
    I do remember that Sandisk was ways slower than taiwan brand to release 4GB SD card. In fact, it is still pretty difficult to sandisk 4GB sd card now where u k get from brands like Adata, Transcent and etc anywhere!

It just a matter of time to get 4GB minisd
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    No mention of a 4Gb mini-SD card on either Adata's or Transcend's websites.
    i bought 2gb in NYC for less than $50 each. ADATA
    No one seems to answer the original question, which i am still curious about: anyone know the largest miniSD card you can use in the 750v?

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    As long as its a standard minisd, any size should work since FAT32 won't be the limiting factor.

For example, My 700wx should in theory take a very large SD (50gb for example). However, the larger cards are supposedly on a different SD standard, so the Treo would not recognize them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well last evening i tried two minSD cards, a Kingston 2G and Scan Disk 1G. The 750 recognized the 2G, but was never able to write to it and I kept getting an error message. Now I do take into acount that the card itself could have been defective, but i don't know. The 1G card worked just fine. So i can't say for sure the 2G won't work, but this particular one didn't work for me.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    I bought a cheapo 2GB Transcend miniSD card from Newegg.com and so far it works fine.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I hate that the 750 uses miniSD, now i have to carry around an adapter to share my SD card with my camera and laptop.
    I've been using a SanDisk 2GB no problem for the past two weeks. Sounds like a bad card, it's not a generic problem with 2GB cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54 View Post
    Well last evening i tried two minSD cards, a Kingston 2G and Scan Disk 1G. The 750 recognized the 2G, but was never able to write to it and I kept getting an error message. Now I do take into acount that the card itself could have been defective, but i don't know. The 1G card worked just fine. So i can't say for sure the 2G won't work, but this particular one didn't work for me.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast