1.    #1  
    I would like to know if you have full web functionality with the 700w.

With the 650, through the web browser, I can NOT watch .wmv files, quicktime or flash plugins online. With the Palm OS I can not download attachments from my Yahoo mail either.

I would like to know if some of the limitations with the Palm OS have been eliminated with the Windows version?

Thanks
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 10/22/2006 at 09:25 AM.
    Web pages generally look the same as they do on a regular computer except for flash. I think you can download a flash viewer for WM... I bet there's one for the PalmOS too. I've downloaded many .cab files straight off the web onto my 700w. I've also downloaded .zips from the web by pressing and holding for the menu to come open. Windows media player will open it's files but I'm unsure about .mov.

You can always download other viewers and players if needed. I'm sure there are .mov and .wmv players available for the 650 as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Web pages generally look the same as they do on a regular computer except for flash. I think you can download a flash viewer for WM... I bet there's one for the PalmOS too. I've downloaded many .cab files straight off the web onto my 700w. I've also downloaded .zips from the web by pressing and holding for the menu to come open. Windows media player will open it's files but I'm unsure about .mov.

You can always download other viewers and players if needed. I'm sure there are .mov and .wmv players available for the 650 as well.
    Can you actually watch a .wmv file while on a website or streaming video?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Although the treo 650 is capable of playing these video formats mentioned above, it is not capable of handling any type of streaming video or audio besides mp3 shoutcast.

The treo 700wx does handle a lot of streaming like .wmv, shoutcast, real player, etc. but pocket ie DOES NOT do a good job of embedding these type of media into the browser.

The only workaround is to get the feed url on the source code of the webpage and paste it in manually into windows media player.

You also would have to get a third party app that adds that functionality of viewing the source code of a web page within ie.

If that wasn't enough, there is a bug that most people actually don't even know about on windows media mobile. When you have a streaming URL that is like this
    'mms://ip.ip.ip.iport' you HAVE to add a /* (slash star) to the end of the url or it will say the format is not supported! This is real weird because most people don't know about this bug and will think wmp is simply not capable of running it.

At least, when you go thru all these steps to get the URL of the video feed, it will be saved into windows media so you will only have to do this once for every feed.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    "You also would have to get a third party app that adds that functionality of viewing the source code of a web page within ie."

What third party app are you speaking of that will do this? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    "You also would have to get a third party app that adds that functionality of viewing the source code of a web page within ie."

What third party app are you speaking of that will do this? Thanks.
    I meant PIEplus from reensoft. Its 10 bucks and they have a 14 day trial download.. http://reensoft.com/PIEPlus/

Spb pocket plus also does that but its more expensive and has a lot of features not everyone needs. $24