1.    #1  
    anyone seen this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=279746

is that true? would make me think twice about waiting for the Cingular version
    not a very authoritative source if you ask me.
    Well, if that is true, and Cingular indeed waits until January to release the 750, that only increases the liklihood that I won't be a Treo customer, or a Cingular one much longer.

I don't understand why American cellular companies don't get it.
    Jer 23:29
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Well, if that is true, and Cingular indeed waits until January to release the 750, that only increases the liklihood that I won't be a Treo customer, or a Cingular one much longer.

I don't understand why American cellular companies don't get it.
    Well, Vodaphone Europe does have an exclusive and Palm DID say they will rolling out the 750 on a global basis soon (already in Asia). US carriers are notoriously slow at accepting new devices on their network so January sounds like a pretty decent timeframe. Who knows? You might even be able to get an unlocked version from Palm directly sooner.

I guess I am lucky. My KJAM is a very capable device and can indeed hold me over until the 750 comes to US shores.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Well, Vodaphone Europe does have an exclusive and Palm DID say they will rolling out the 750 on a global basis soon (already in Asia). US carriers are notoriously slow at accepting new devices on their network so January sounds like a pretty decent timeframe. Who knows? You might even be able to get an unlocked version from Palm directly sooner.

I guess I am lucky. My KJAM is a very capable device and can indeed hold me over until the 750 comes to US shores.
    as it has been clearly established, voda only has a EUROPEAN exclusive. The only thing holding the 750 back is cingular here in the US. I hope they do release it next month. Considering the 680 is close, I think the 750 should be right on its heels.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    as it has been clearly established, voda only has a EUROPEAN exclusive. The only thing holding the 750 back is cingular here in the US. I hope they do release it next month. Considering the 680 is close, I think the 750 should be right on its heels.
    Me too! I rather get mine unlocked from Palm so we'll see. I was at the Palm press event at DigitalLife in NYC and they explicitly mentioned the 750, saying that Palm is working to get it globally. Asia just got it. Knowing the way these things work, we will probably be the last area to get it.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Me too! I rather get mine unlocked from Palm so we'll see. I was at the Palm press event at DigitalLife in NYC and they explicitly mentioned the 750, saying that Palm is working to get it globally. Asia just got it. Knowing the way these things work, we will probably be the last area to get it.
    canada will be last haha. Eh. But yea, there's already cingular branded images floating around, the 680 is being reported to be soon (engadget).
    The Cingular release must be soon. The Cingular rom is already on the xda ftp server. You can make your own Cingular 750 right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The Cingular release must be soon. The Cingular rom is already on the xda ftp server. You can make your own Cingular 750 right now!
    Not necessarily. Operator ROMs can float around several months before release. The Cingular ROM for the 750 is most likely from a test unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by camsd85 View Post
    Not necessarily. Operator ROMs can float around several months before release. The Cingular ROM for the 750 is most likely from a test unit.
    Can you replace your post with a more enthusiastic reply?