Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    In case you guys don't visit xda-developers.com you should probably start looking there. I don't have a 750v, but there is a pre-release 750 ROM for Cingular available there (from the same guy who released the TyTn/8525 Cingular ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...63#post1037063

Hope that helps some of you who just received your 750Vs this week
    Will this fix the roaming?
    Better yet, will this make HSDPA possible?
    Just call me Berd.
    I think I'm going to try it. You know, something to do on a Saturday morning. Either it'll work or I'll be heading to a Cingular store to get a new pocket pc later today.
    Brandon
    I checked the thread and one guy reports it failed for him. He doesn't say explicity but I would assume that if it fails you are totally hosed. There isn't a vodaphone install rom available so if it fails you have a nice expensive ornament to look at.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I was the guy It didn't fail though. Just didn't read the file. After another reset, everything comes back up fine.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Good to hear that! I'm sure they'll figure it out
    Wow, glad to hear that! I guess I'm too cowardly to try that myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    I was the guy It didn't fail though. Just didn't read the file. After another reset, everything comes back up fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801 View Post
    Will this fix the roaming?

ok, well i think i may have good news for anyone experiencing the cingular roaming behavior.

as i mentioned in my previous post, i spent time with cingular LEVEL 2 support yesterday, and had them remove and re-register my SIM from the system, which didn't do anything, UNTIL TODAY, WHEN I DID A HARD RESET. i repeat, A HARD RESET, NOT A SOFT ONE- if you don't know what this is, hit the reset button while holding down the red/end key.

it appears as if this can be cleared up by a combination of both things, or maybe just a hard reset by itself.

now my only problem is that i can't seem to get any of the data working.

all i have to say is, thank god for the htc excalibur, i'm able to pop the SIM in there and use it while i struggle to get this treo fully functional. its a sweet little device, but won't handle slingplayer as well as the treo, due to lack of UMTS.
    Just applied the new ROM and everything went smoothly.
    Are you getting HSDPA?
    Just call me Berd.
    No. Same "U" on the top bar.
    You will still see a U even with HSDPA. Go to infospeed.verizon.net and do the speedtest. If you get over 400kbits/sec then you have HSDPA. Report back here!!

Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970 View Post
    No. Same "U" on the top bar.
    Hey, could I get one of you guys that has the cingular rom installed to export your registry settings to a reg file please? I'd like to compare it to the vodaphone settings to see what has changed. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    Is it possible to send the device to an outside service provider to have the Cingular ROM flashed? I don't have a card reader so doesn't seem I can do this config change.

Don't think this will help with the BB Connect issue through BIS though...
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Better yet, will this make HSDPA possible?
    Better even MORE is does this mean we are about to get the Cingular 750?!!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers View Post
    Better even MORE is does this mean we are about to get the Cingular 750?!!
    The question is not IF but rather WHEN. As we all know, the "when" question can be quite some time. Plus, I can't imagine Cingular releasing a device that was not able to fully take advantage of HSDPA.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Here on T-mobile NL it says: 2M per sec estimated throughput. Downloaded 500Kb in 2 secs.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
  19. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    infospeed.verizon.net is not reliable. According to this site my GPRS connection is about half as fast as HSDPA ... 1Mbit GPRS? Nahhhh ... no way.
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    I have found infospeed.verizon.net to be the most reliable of any site I've tried. The results however will be wrong if the connection you use uses a proxy which will mess things up with any site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast