1.    #1  
    I transferred 10 mp3 from WMP 10 to muy treo SD card using active sync. The music is on the card (I checked with a card reader). WMP on the treo cannot find them. Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Go into WMP, select Menu and then do Update Library. You might have to do Library first and point it to your storage card. I can't remember and mine is already looking there for songs.

Greg
    Yeah when u open media player the program starts on the LIBRARY screen. Tap on the word "library" and a pull-down menu will appear, then select the card.

If you open media player and see the actual player, just tap menu-library and see above
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    another minor annoyance...i wish i could force it to stay on the card.
  5.    #5  
    I did that and it says it cannot find the file specified. Could you tell me your tree in the file manager? Mine is: Music...Various artists.....then the mp3. Is that yours. If use I file manager, I can get it to play on WMP. Help!!
  6.    #6  
    does anyone have ideas of how to help? I eventually want to use an mp3 as a ringtone once I get the music to be recognized. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    does anyone have ideas of how to help? I eventually want to use an mp3 as a ringtone once I get the music to be recognized. thanks!
    i came on here for that as well.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLa View Post
    i came on here for that as well.
    can't someone please help us?
    If you want to use an mp3 as a ringtone you need to open file explorer, copy and [aste the mp3 into your windows/rings folder
  10.    #10  
    the problem is that I cannot get WMP to recognize my songs on the card. please see my first post. how do I fix that? thanks!
    I said FILE EXPLORER, not media player. My Device/ Storage Card/ (wherever you saved the file. Then copy it and paste to the folder I names above.

If you cannot find the mp3 on your file explorer than tge songs didn't save properly to the card, or the card is not formatted properly.
  12.    #12  
    I apologize for the misunderstanding . the file explorer shows the mp3 on the card. its just that WMP doesn't recognize them. suggestions? thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    You won't be able to have your mp3's on your storage card and use them as a ringtone. They will have to be in main storage in the windows/rings folder like Littlepat said. I use Audacity to create a 30 second clip of the song and save that to the windows/ring folder so the file size is smaller.

As for WMP, did you do what we said in posts 2 and 3? If I look at File Explorer on my storage card, I have a folder called My Music and my mp3's are in there.
  14.    #14  
    OK, so I used a card reader to move my mp3 under my music. It STILL does not recognize them. Can someone please help me? I am about ready to go back to the 700p. This is very frustrating.
  15.    #15  
    If I transfer the mp3 to the main memory, I can use WMP.. If the music is on the SD card, it does not. What is the problem????? Help!
  16.    #16  
    can someone please help!
  17.    #17  
    does anyone have an idea???? Please!