Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    To all you WM5 developers out there...

I know that phoneAlarm exists..and it is a very nice app. Problem is..it does way too much for what I need, and I don't want to use its mandatory plugin on my Today screen.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a utility that controls the behavior of the Treo 700w/x LED (not sound/ring, just the LED) for each notification type individually (System Notifications, Reminders, Missed Calls, Voicemail, SMS, MMS, Email... possibly for individual email accounts?).

For instance show the notification type in a drop-down box, and for each of the notification choices have a checkbox to indicate if you want to control the LED for that type, and then specify the blink rate, and if possible the color.

I would assume the standard OS actions (like read email, call voicemail, dismiss notification etc.) to make the LED resume its normal network status or charging state.

Anyone!??!?!
    i thought that if you installed the trial version, ran it awhile letting it recieve an email and sms, then un-install it, that the reg changes that allowed the leds to work would stay.

can anyone verify this?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
    To all you WM5 developers out there...

I know that phoneAlarm exists..and it is a very nice app. Problem is..it does way too much for what I need, and I don't want to use its mandatory plugin on my Today screen.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in creating a utility that controls the behavior of the Treo 700w/x LED (not sound/ring, just the LED) for each notification type individually (System Notifications, Reminders, Missed Calls, Voicemail, SMS, MMS, Email... possibly for individual email accounts?).

For instance show the notification type in a drop-down box, and for each of the notification choices have a checkbox to indicate if you want to control the LED for that type, and then specify the blink rate, and if possible the color.

I would assume the standard OS actions (like read email, call voicemail, dismiss notification etc.) to make the LED resume its normal network status or charging state.

Anyone!??!?!
    I understand what you are asking but it would be a lot more efficient to actually contact a developer with this request. The notion that developers swing by and read this board (when 9/10 they have their own boards to monitor) is a bit rich.

So you could ask someone like Bruce at phonealarm directly or find another developer, or a couple. But you're really not going to get a lot of results here since so few of us are programmers.

In fact, you would have better luck trying the Treo subforum at XDA Developers.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    That makes sense. Good point
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i thought that if you installed the trial version, ran it awhile letting it recieve an email and sms, then un-install it, that the reg changes that allowed the leds to work would stay.

can anyone verify this?
    Yes...partly. For me, after uninstalling pA the LED keeps blinking slowly when I receive a text message. Not for any other notification that pA controlled (Email/MMS, Missed Call, Voicemail).
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch View Post
    Yes...partly. For me, after uninstalling pA the LED keeps blinking slowly when I receive a text message. Not for any other notification that pA controlled (Email/MMS, Missed Call, Voicemail).
    I installed the trial pf PhoneAlarm last week setup notifications. I uninstalled it yesterday and I know that missed called, voicemail and email still cause the LED to blink.
    hannips mortscript code works just fine, it dont really care if thers no different color leds for each different type of notification even if that is possible