1.    #1  
    I found this on another site, and I think you can get free High Speed Internet on your Home Computer using Treo 700wx Sprint Vision via USB port. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=113333 See post #2 for Step by Step setup.
    nice, this is what we did with the 6700. i have bought pdanet but am just about to.

now how is going to be first????

questions..

1) can thay charge us for dun if we do this and find out they can tell?

2) can we just play dumb and possibly get out of it?

3) isn't it just going to "not allow connecting", or should i say " not connect at all" unless we find the work around? or pay for PAM?

nice post, but i'm not going to be first. i'll wait a month to see you guys bills come in.
    This reminds me of the tethered mode hack for the 700p. Hopefull we'll be able to use this like we do our 700p's.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I know of 1 user who received a bill that listed their tethering as "Other" data charges. So I know that they can tell the difference. A rep told me that with the 700wx there is a different set up and it wouldn't be possible to tether without their tether app. I tried to check their story but my trial of pdanet ran out. I went ahead and paid for PAM because I don't want retroactive data fees when they catch on. I want to surf without anxiety.

But I do feel robbed because its an extra 25 bucks a month!!!! I say 25 since most of us have 15 a month unlimited data which is included in the 40 for PAM.
  5.    #5  
    u can download the wx modem driver from sprint's download link [see above link] and install it on ur windows xp.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I found this on another site, and I think you can get free High Speed Internet on your Home Computer using Treo 700wx Sprint Vision via USB port. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=113333 See post #2 for Step by Step setup.
    I've tried this setup and everything else...I absolutely can't connect my phone. PDAnet works great for me. I can only assume that those that it works for have the PAM service and may not know that they do.

Bob
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
    I've tried this setup and everything else...I absolutely can't connect my phone. PDAnet works great for me. I can only assume that those that it works for have the PAM service and may not know that they do.

Bob
    did u download the driver from sprint site?
    on ur sprint service do u have PAM? or just use PDAnet? thanks!r
    I have used PDANet and Sprint connection manager without problems or other charges.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I did download the correct driver for the 700wx phone and the correct version of Connection Manager. I just can't do anything that will let Connection Manager actually detect the phone and connect.

I'll try any suggestions here, but I think I've been through most everything that I have read on all of the forums.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post

Bob
    how can i find out if I have PAM - i should have nlimited vision super pack or whatever.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo2dope View Post
    how can i find out if I have PAM - i should have nlimited vision super pack or whatever.
    I assume you should call Sprint and ask, because there is nothing under account management on their website that lists a "Phone as a Modem" plan.
    yeah i checked my paper bills and didnt see anything on there. more than likely I DONT have it. I was wanting to get PDAnet, but if i this would work then I wont have to.
    Well users use pdanet to tether without PAM because PAM costs 40 bucks a month.

If you bill says your uimited data is 15 bucks a month then you don't have PAM.

I have tethered here and there with PDANET but after awhile it got to stressful since I was worried about sprint slapping me with a huge data charge.