Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone bought from ImportGSM out of Pennsylvania? They look respectable, but wanted to check here first. Thanks!
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    I just noticed they have 25 units of the 750v GSM Unlocked on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110046174950

They have Great feedback and appear to import alot of different unlocked phones from all over the world. I think I just might just take the plunge from this link, since the CTI-Miami link is no longer even showing any inventory at all.

Unless someone knows that they are not reputable (speak up please!!!), I think it is time to jump. It kills me that there are already people that have the 750v up and running with Cingular....I feel left out!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    I just noticed they have 25 units of the 750v GSM Unlocked on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110046174950

They have Great feedback and appear to import alot of different unlocked phones from all over the world. I think I just might just take the plunge from this link, since the CTI-Miami link is no longer even showing any inventory at all.

Unless someone knows that they are not reputable (speak up please!!!), I think it is time to jump. It kills me that there are already people that have the 750v up and running with Cingular....I feel left out!!!
    Took the plunge - will let you know how it works out. Have a great weekend everyone - my last without a Treo 750!!!
    Jeff
    Congrats sir!!!

Upon doing a little research, I am finding more and more positive feedback about doing business with this company, both on eBay and through their website: http://importgsm.com

For an additional $20, They offer to Configure the 750v, so that it works with Cingular Data and MMS out of the box. I am sure for as someone who knows the inner workings of the Treo, this is a 3 second setting that is super-easy. all I know is that I want the phone to work with my Cingular SIM card, Data, Voice, SMS, MMS, Goodlink, etc, right out of the Box. I talked to the people at Import GSM, and they will even put the Goodlink loader on there for me so I can just put my Goodlink user name and password in and upload Goodlink on my new Treo!!! You experts tell me...is this just a sucker charge, or for someone like me who needs to open the box, charge it sync it and go, is this worth it?

I just want to confirm with Goodlink that everything with my corporate email will work with the 750v. Once that is done, I will take the plunge.
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    MattM2G, in my opinion, $20 bucks isn't that big a deal if you don't want to deal with it all. And, if they're going to give you support in case you get it and it's not working right, I'd say go for it.

When I put my Cingular SIM in, it recognized the SIM was from Cingular and it populated all the data settings for me.
    Thanks for the Feedback, Spark!! Import GSM has a Warrantee on the Phone, and extended Warrantee available, as well as a loaner program should you need to have the phone repaired for any reason. all in all, it looks to be a great company, and the research I have found online shows them to have some raving fans. They have no black marks from BBB. I think that the extra $20 in this case will be woth it and notr just a rip off.

Thanks again,

Matt
    Rewards Network

Mine just read the data in the sim also. I'm all for spending a little more to get what you want, but I think spending $20 for 0 work is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    MattM2G, in my opinion, $20 bucks isn't that big a deal if you don't want to deal with it all. And, if they're going to give you support in case you get it and it's not working right, I'd say go for it.

When I put my Cingular SIM in, it recognized the SIM was from Cingular and it populated all the data settings for me.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    they are great and very reliable. They are located near king of prussia in PA, If you call ahead they have no problem with anyone coming by the office and looking at the phones in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Mine just read the data in the sim also. I'm all for spending a little more to get what you want, but I think spending $20 for 0 work is silly.
    I am glad this worked for you and it was o work in your case, but others have reported all kinds of issues when trying to get their 750v up and runniing on Cingular. I appreciate your input.
    Rewards Network

10.    #10  
    Well I am happy to report that after about 18 hours with my new phone - it's awesome! I had no problems setting up ActiveSync Direct Push with our exchange server and my Cingular settings worked as soon as i inserted my sim card. It will take some time to fully understand it as it's my first Windows Mobile phone (I have been a Palm OS guy since they made the second Palm Pilot), other then that I am happy and excited it was relatively easy to set-up.
    Jeff
    They have the wrong specs on some of their phones. You have to know beforehand what the specs are. But it's good to know that they are trustworthy!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    is this still the vodafone branded unit??

i would buy it in a heartbeat if it didnt have any carrier branding on it
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post

i would buy it in a heartbeat if it didnt have any carrier branding on it
    it is. i called them today, they dont have any IN STOCK right now and are expecting some next week. i dont live very far from them at all so i may make a trip down to see if i can play with one next week.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post

i would buy it in a heartbeat if it didn't have any carrier branding on it
    Why would the brand name on the phone be an issue? I am sure there will be replacement plates in no time available to get rid of the Voda brand if it is that important, but out of curiosity, why?
    Rewards Network

Just as an update, I got my 750v from importGSM and I can report that it is flawless. They shipped promptly and packed the phone well. There was very little communication after the sale, but none was really needed. The phone arrived exactly as promised and faster than expected.
    Why would the brand name on the phone be an issue? I am sure there will be replacement plates in no time available to get rid of the Voda brand if it is that important, but out of curiosity, why?
    I can't speak for the other poster, but in my case...

It may not be that big of a difference but I'd prefer an official Palm unlocked phone because the ROM on the phones people are ordering now are probably still Voda branded. Although no one has said the Voda ROM is annoying, for $700-$800, I'd still prefer a clean ROM.

However, one question for me would be is there any true significant benefit of an unbranded ROM? People have said before that once a phone is unlocked, it's unlocked, and that may be all that matters. The only thing I can think of is an unbranded ROM does not have the glut of programs the carriers put on.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 10/27/2006 at 01:38 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The only branding I see on two 750v's are the logo on the front and back and there is an email setup app. Other than that they appear completely unbranded. Even the phone startup and shutdown screens are generic Palm ones, not Vodaphone. I was really surprised how little there was. Much less than you will see on a Cingular version. And the Vodaphone logo is just done so classy (grey on the front like the Treo logo and a cool embossed red and clear small logo on the back). I really can't imagine anyone objecting to this branding. I'm very picky and have always gotten unbranded before but I really like the vodaphone one. Very classy looking.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Plus--you can also easily get a new battery cover to get rid of the logo on the back and use a sugar cube to get the one on the front off(or just buy a new face plate later on).

Lots of people have upgraded their 750v's to the Cingular ROM, there's no reason to believe this can't be done with the "clean" unbranded Palm ROM later on when it's out.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camsd85 View Post
    get rid of the logo on the back and use a sugar cube to get the one on the front off
    Can you describe this "sugar cube" operation?!?!
    Congrats sir!!!

Upon doing a little research, I am finding more and more positive feedback about doing business with this company, both on eBay and through their website: http://importgsm.com

For an additional $20, They offer to Configure the 750v, so that it works with Cingular Data and MMS out of the box. I am sure for as someone who knows the inner workings of the Treo, this is a 3 second setting that is super-easy. all I know is that I want the phone to work with my Cingular SIM card, Data, Voice, SMS, MMS, Goodlink, etc, right out of the Box. I talked to the people at Import GSM, and they will even put the Goodlink loader on there for me so I can just put my Goodlink user name and password in and upload Goodlink on my new Treo!!! You experts tell me...is this just a sucker charge, or for someone like me who needs to open the box, charge it sync it and go, is this worth it?

I just want to confirm with Goodlink that everything with my corporate email will work with the 750v. Once that is done, I will take the plunge.

I can't speak to the rest of the applications you are having/want loaded, but I would be curious as to what they are putting on the phone for GMM. It may just be the installer stub, in which case, provided your GMM Admin has added you to the console and you have received the activation email with the PIN number, I don't see any reason why the install won't work. If it doesn't, I don't think it would be that big a deal as you would be able to do the GMM provisioning yourself. The stub download is about a 15 operation anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast