Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Hey hannip, I've got one last thing to try before I/we give up.
    Back when I had a Dell Axim x30 (WM2003SE), I was in a similar problem with the whole... wanting a2dp and not having it... issue. I found this update for the iPaq that gave me flawless sound streaming when installed on it... I was gonna see if this was an option for the 700w, when I realized that Dell has that Bluetooth wizard software preinstalled. It's convenient for them... not us. If any of you have ever been on it, all this update did was give me another option from the list of paring possibilities.
    Is it possible to take the drivers that are changed/added with this update and make 'em work 700w style? I'll post the update that I used back then... hope someone has better luck than I have...

Update File:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/442252
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Ugh... it's based on Widcomm... I didn't realize that
    Does that change anything?
    LongLivePalm
    I've tried the widcomm stack on the treo. Never could get it to work.
    Do we know for definite why it is that A2DP can be added to the 700P but so far not even mono audio via HSP can be added to the 700wx?

I've heard people say that it is something to do with the cellular and bluetooth radios on the Treo 700s but if that is the case, I would have thought it would be impossible to modify on the 700p, also.

It seems silly to think that you might need a dongle in order to get audio wirelessly out of this device (The problem being that your headset now needs to pair with an extra device - namely the dongle - and at 2 phones plus a laptop I am already at or above the limit for what most headsets can handle).

Is there a way to learn about the schematics of the bluetooth infrastructure within the 700wx? I'd love to find a work around (And at this point I don't even care about A2DP).

e.g. is is possible to trick the phone into sending audio via bluetooth by establishing a "fake call" to an echo service in the cellular radio and redirecting the audio that way? I'm thinking WMPlayer -> PDA audio circuits -> cellular audio out -> short circuit loop -> cellular audio in -> bluetooth audio -> HSP -> headset.

Heck, if you can get half way there (Send PDA audio to the phone), I'll use my blackberry as the dongle and make sure I do all my listening after 9pm... I believe I used to be able to play audio on my treo 600 to callers using some of the call management software. Does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    Heck, if you can get half way there (Send PDA audio to the phone), I'll use my blackberry as the dongle and make sure I do all my listening after 9pm... I believe I used to be able to play audio on my treo 600 to callers using some of the call management software. Does that work?
    That's not half way, that's all the way. If we could get pda audio to the phone radio we would be done. My theory is that there are two audio connection on the bt module. One for sco channels (headset profile) and one for acl channels (a2dp profile). On the treo 700's the sco connection is hardwired to the cellular radio and the acl connection is not. That would explain why we can get a2dp audio from the pda to a2dp headphones, but not get audio to a headset. But that's just a guess since I have no schematics.

I found some interesting information on the microsoft stack that might be useful to anyone with some programming skills who wants to interface with the stack to try to get this to work.

http://www.a7eng.com/presentations/ce316.htm

Ok, now let me tell you my latest theory on the a2dp skipping issue. From the above referenced info I see that most communicatoin from wm5 apps to the bt stack are done via winsock to a simulated com port via RFCCOMM. One thing I notice on the treo 700 series is that the bt serial driver seems to be limited to 115200 baud. When I try to bump it higher it just doesn't work. I'm thinking if we could find another driver that works on the treo without the limit we could get rid of the skipping issue. I've already tried the driver from the 750, but it didn't work. I think it's because the 750 hardware is just too different. Maybe a driver from another xscale device might work. Say a Wizard driver? Does anyone have the files handy?

How did I come to this conclusion? Well I was looking at the registry entries related to bluetooth on both the 700 and 750 and there was one glaring difference. The bt serial driver on the 750 had a baud rate setting of 921600 and like I said above, the 700 has a setting of 115200. A2dp on the 750 works perfectly, a2dp on the 700 skips every few seconds. The serial driver just can't handle the incoming stream rate on the 700 with the current driver.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/03/2007 at 12:30 PM.
    I have been following this thread out of interest. you guys are way above my level when it comes to this stuff. my only comment would be is it possible the hardware would limit on the 700 keeping the higher baud rate from working?
    Well I don't think it's the hardware. The driver I'm refering to creates a virtual com port which is all software with cpu assist. I'm thinking the driver itself is limiting the baud rate setting. If we could take a driver from a Wizard device that doesn't have this limit we may be in business. I know that the a2dp hacks work on that device so it seems like a good candidate.

I'm pretty sure any bluetooth module that is 1.2 compatible will support a 921600 baud rate. Another clue is that the HCI controller is set at 921600.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/03/2007 at 05:34 PM.
    I would like to add a thought....

I was wondering, does the 700wx have a limit as to how long a BT connection can remain open without being on a phone call. Is it possible that after 30 seconds or so it tries to cut the connection causing the stream to skip? I say this because we hacked it to play the files but I was wondering if there was a limit on the bt itself?
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Heh... I don't know if you've tried the problem yourself, but it's not that it's severing a connection after a period of time. Everything stays connected, it's that any media player used skips for about one second long every 3 - 60 seconds. It's really irritating... so it's not that the bt is severing, it's as if god is pausing and playing your music. Strange stuff.

Any idea where we could pull a driver from that supports a 921600 BR? I have a Dell AXIM x30 that's sitting on my desk that would love to help... just tell me what to pull. Again, it used that Widcomm update for iPaqs, but worked flawlessly...
    LongLivePalm
    Can some one post the steps to get the thing to partially work, I tried some of the other steps, but I am going to do a hard reset if some one can get me partially there. Then maybe I can get to where I can see this problem. I can get the headphones to turn on for about .8seconds and then it kills.

Oh and the correct files to load.... I cant help much till I can get to a partially working state, like some have claimed... And I commend all of you that have even made it this far!
    Softick responded with this message when I asked them about porting their audio gateway software to WM5 for us treo 700w/wx users.

"I know that many of WM handheld users are waiting Audio Gateway for their devices. And we are already working on WM support.
    Can you provide more info about existing A2DP realization for WM5 - sites, forums etc?
    This information may help our developers.
    Thank you."

Sounds like they might be on the job and hopefully they will come up with something. I provided them with the link to this thread.
    Which files should I install to get partial adio, the 88k cab or the 120k cab? or the AKu files? I am goin to hard reset and start over.
    Here is what I have
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you need the treo750a2dp.zip and wxbtxtra.zip.
    OK, now that I am talking to myself in here, this is the best place to start if you are trying to figure it out.

Origonally with much thanks to hannip:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=99
    I want to try and move the thread to here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...47#post1197747

that way its not so long and we can start fresh!

thanks
    BUMP

figured I would bump this thread seeing sprint users have been working so hard to make this A2DP a reality wx style.
    Thanks Palm.You now have a wx with and without A2DP.Now that make sence.
    Thanks a ton Hannip. Your vzw700wx_a2dp.cab worked perfectly on my Alltel 700wx. It was fast, easy, all in 1 step and works perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Thanks a ton Hannip. Your vzw700wx_a2dp.cab worked perfectly on my Alltel 700wx. It was fast, easy, all in 1 step and works perfect.
    Ditto for me on my Alltel 700wx.

I just got a Motorolla HT820 and after an hour of reading I went for it.

One thing to note, is when I copied the .dll files to windows in the phone I was surprised that the phone warned me about copying each file to the ROM. I selected YES to each file (having faith) and did a reset. Paired the headset and DAMN these headphones sound GOOD! I don't notice any skipping either. I can go a room away from the phone and it still works.

Thanks for the easy to install file.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678