Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    np, after the holiday weekend I'll put together a cab for others to tinker with. Maybe one of you will come up with a great idea that I haven't thought of yet.
    how is the media player---music preformance in the mono BT headset?
    Like you thats my big concern.
    Hannip,
    Hey I didn't know you were working on this but someone at my site posted a link...noticed you got it working. Good job. I played with it last night b4 I knew u were working on it and got it workin on my apache. I noticed from what little I have read you have a lag issue. I also read u tried overclocking...but have you tried underclocking? Hope this helps.
    ~Mike
    Last edited by Wideawake; 11/30/2006 at 10:44 AM.
    PPC and PPC Phone edition forum
    PPC Freeware site where you can download directly to your ppc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
    Hannip,
    Hey I didn't know you were working on this but someone at my site posted a link...noticed you got it working. Good job. I played with it last night b4 I knew u were working on it and got it workin on my apache. I noticed from what little I have read you have a lag issue. I also read u tried overclocking...but have you tried underclocking? Try 320 and let me know if its still present. Hope this helps.
    ~Mike
    lol, our processors are default 312mhz. we'd still be overclocking at 320mhz.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Well, the 750 comes w/300mhz, so you might want to try underclocking to that speed. Good luck!
    haha edited it blah just trying to be helpful :P why don't u just try it and let us know!

thanks pat

and the reason I say this is I have seen this solve the lag issue b4...

~mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
    haha edited it blah just trying to be helpful :P why don't u just try it and let us know!

~mike
    I have an iPod, that's why

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I have an iPod, that's why
    Exactly!

My phone supports a2dp now, and I have never tried it, and have no intention of wasting 100 bucks on headphones. Just my opinion, of course...
    I've tried underclocking, overclocking, playing with bus speeds (kids don't do this at home), playing with driver priorities, replacing the wav driver and anything else I could think of, but nothing fixes the lag issue. It's gonna take some stack tweaking to get this to work on the 700's. I think an increased buffer is needed.
    I was wondering where Malatesta was on this issue. Now I know.

I want a phone that can do what an Ipod can since I don't want portable music all the time. I listen to music in my car most of the time. I just want to be able to use this occasionally. As for the headphones they can be used with your home pc, laptop, and any stereo system or TV for that matter. We pay a bunch of money for decent wired headphones so why not pay for wireless freedom?

Anyway stopping bragging and start helping!
    Someone give this one a try real quick and let us know.....and hannip its a slight change over what you had (minor reg entry).
    ~Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wideawake; 11/30/2006 at 11:01 PM.
    Hey widawake, thanks for hacking at this. I can't try this till tonight, but I took a peek at the cab. Was the change made to the reg the priority bump for bta2dpsnd? If so I've tried that before. No luck.
    Has anyone tried bluecast lately? A search of the forum only finds it mentioned twice with no definitive findings.

BlueCast streams all device sounds to your Bluetooth headset including your podcasts, music, TomTom sounds, GPS navigation commands, voice notes, game sounds, and more. Simplify your life and leverage your Bluetooth headset investment by purchasing BlueCast.
    Edit: Found in this thread: Redirect Audio to Bluetooth - The Facts. Also points out some wierd software called msi blueplayer, again no conclusive information on these forums about it.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 12/01/2006 at 11:10 AM.
    I wonder if there some type of built in hardware timer for encapsulation of data on the bluetooth radio, and if the A2DP profile has to be "sync'd" directly with the BT radio. I know on the i730/i830 forums over at pdaphonehome they were having skipping problems with the tornado patch and determined that running the device around 400Mhz was the key to get past skipping. I know you guys tried this already, just trying to think of things as I just picked up a Treo 700wx and would love nothing more than to rock out with it.
    @hannip yeap its the priority reg entry. Didn't know u had tried that....anything else u have tried? So I don't keep working with stuff u have. And its no problem I try and help where I can
    ~Mike
    Here are the things I've tried so far.

- replaced bt stack with 750
    - replaced wav device driver
    - played with priorities for bta2dpsnd and wavedev
    - played with cpu speeds using PocketHackMaster (though maybe not all combinations)
    - tried different players, wmp, pocketmusic, mortplayer, tcpmp.
    - tried various thread priorities in pocketmusic.
    - tried killing off as many processes and services on the device as possible
    - tried with music on device memory vs storage card.
    - tried mp3 vs wav
    - tried various bitpool configurations

The best I could do is get the music to play for 20 to 30 seconds between pauses, but it isn't consistent. At times you get pauses every few seconds, then you get 20 to 30 seconds of music. No real pattern. It's either a buffering issue, or some badly behaved device driver that is hogging cpu longer than it needs to.

I haven't tried various recording rates, but I know others have without success.
    hannip, just curious if you've tried the tornado patch & overclocking/underclocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CupsWithString View Post
    hannip, just curious if you've tried the tornado patch & overclocking/underclocking?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=112637

That's the long sad story of the tornado patch on the 700w. It doesn't work at all on the wx.
    For 700wx users that want to hack at this with me install the a2dp cab from treo750a2dp.zip then copy these two files to your \windows folder from wxbtxtra.zip.

btdrt.dll
    btd.dll

These replace existing rom files so you'll have to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to copy them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm getting the Pulsars this week when I get paid so I will def help test and hack. I am wondering however since that company came out with A2DP for the Palm OS Treo's, if maybe WM itself is locking the drivers at a certian priority level that the palm OS hack can work around and get them going better. I know you said trying to copy over certian files but they were being re copied from ROM by the OS - I'm not sure if these are the paticualr files that would do that anyways..
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast