Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    crap im in a delimma. i really want a2dp but i still cant figure this our. i think i might swith to the xv6700 if i cant get it working on the 700w
    man you'd be going backwards, just chile for a few weeks and see what the update brings us. plus in december voicecomand 1.6 comes out whick whould be a free upgrade from 1.5

it could be getting all by it self.
  2.    #62  
    if i get one the only thing i will lose would be the one handedness of the treo.

i really need a2dp
    Okay, I've been watching all this for a while now. I keep waiting for all of the masters that made the threaded SMS work to converge on this problem. We need synergy people. I don't know if we need the bat signal or if there is some other way to signal them all. If someone knows please put the call out. I don't think this will get figured out until we have all the great minds working together. No offense to the great minds already involved.
    I totally concurr with the "what's-the-hold-up" sentiment...mainly because this 700wx is such a great device with this one glaring item missing...esp. since we've had it before. It didn't take this long for the toranado. More so goes for the audio gateway piece, which seems simple...I'd pay for it even! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    if i get one the only thing i will lose would be the one handedness of the treo.

i really need a2dp
    smartkeys will take care of your one handedness.

i know there are a lot of happy 6700 user out there, but i have to tell you. i had 6 different 6700 in 8 months. all were swaped out through service and repair and none of them were refubished. my biggest problem was not being able to answer calls.. the phone would freese when i would try to answer. not recieveing calls... the phone would never ring then all of a sudden i would get a voice mail. and recieving voice mail notifactions 4-5 hours after they left the message. byw, i live in a perfect full signal evdo area.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    man you'd be going backwards, just chile for a few weeks and see what the update brings us. plus in december voicecomand 1.6 comes out whick whould be a free upgrade from 1.5

it could be getting all by it self.
    What update are you talking about? Is this update going to be for the 700w and the wx?
  7.    #67  
    i already drop a lot of calls with my 700w. if i had the 700wx i probably wouldnt switch. but i have the 700w. yeah people have to call me twice to get an answer. so that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    smartkeys will take care of your one handedness.

i know there are a lot of happy 6700 user out there, but i have to tell you. i had 6 different 6700 in 8 months. all were swaped out through service and repair and none of them were refubished. my biggest problem was not being able to answer calls.. the phone would freese when i would try to answer. not recieveing calls... the phone would never ring then all of a sudden i would get a voice mail. and recieving voice mail notifactions 4-5 hours after they left the message. byw, i live in a perfect full signal evdo area.
    Well I finally had some time to play with the 750 a2dp dll's. The good news is that I finally figured out the dll's required to get bta2dp.dll to load on the 700wx. I can now select Wireless Stereo and listen to music over my a2dp headphones!

The bad news is that there is still lag similar to what I tested on the 700w. I played with priorities a bit and tried boosting cpu speed using PocketHackMaster, but the improvements were not significant.

I also tried to get the pda audio to work through a bt headset using the 750 btag dll's, but like with everything else we've tried it just doesn't work.

I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow and throw together a cab for others to try.
    good job hannip. I would really like to see this work out. I pm'ed benjimatt about the release of vc 1.6. I was thinking maybe some of those 750 files would come in handy now. maybe there's hope yet for the bluetooth and w/wx.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well I finally had some time to play with the 750 a2dp dll's. The good news is that I finally figured out the dll's required to get bta2dp.dll to load on the 700wx. I can now select Wireless Stereo and listen to music over my a2dp headphones!

The bad news is that there is still lag similar to what I tested on the 700w. I played with priorities a bit and tried boosting cpu speed using PocketHackMaster, but the improvements were not significant.

I also tried to get the pda audio to work through a bt headset using the 750 btag dll's, but like with everything else we've tried it just doesn't work.

I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow and throw together a cab for others to try.
    GREAT NEWS! I'll keep an eye out 4 it...does the 1.6v of VC do this too? (somewhat OT, but can someone tell me how to get upgrade only price 4 vc as I purchased the cd sw from circuit city & the &*$@-ing handango won't let me get it...help?)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Hey hannip, will this small victory allow us to use voice command over bluetooth?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    Hey hannip, will this small victory allow us to use voice command over bluetooth?
    Not unless the new VC 1.6 magically works with these dll's. I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've tried turning on the pda sounds using btaudiotoggle with these dll's and it acts no different than the native 700wx bt stack. The AG channel is opened and you see the bluetooth icon showing a headset, but none of the pda sounds come across.

Like others have said, the treo 700's AG must be connected directly to the phone radio and it can only transmit and receive that audio. We'd need some hardware genius to figure out if there is a hardware mod that can be made to get this to work. It could be as easy as connecting a pin on the bt module to an audio wire such as the audio jack. Has anyone considered getting someone like PPCTech to look into this?
    Well, replacing the wav drivers on the 700 with the 750's didn't resolve the a2dp lag issues. Cross that off the list of ideas.
    Not unless the new VC 1.6 magically works with these dll's. I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've tried turning on the pda sounds using btaudiotoggle with these dll's and it acts no different than the native 700wx bt stack. The AG channel is opened and you see the bluetooth icon showing a headset, but none of the pda sounds come across.

Like others have said, the treo 700's AG must be connected directly to the phone radio and it can only transmit and receive that audio. We'd need some hardware genius to figure out if there is a hardware mod that can be made to get this to work. It could be as easy as connecting a pin on the bt module to an audio wire such as the audio jack. Has anyone considered getting someone like PPCTech to look into this?

Right on.....And it looks like they fixed it in the 750V. SO while it's no help for our 700's, it's at least good to know we won't have this problem on newer units.....Let's hope the 800W is here soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdar View Post
    Right on.....And it looks like they fixed it in the 750V. SO while it's no help for our 700's, it's at least good to know we won't have this problem on newer units.....Let's hope the 800W is here soon!
    I just pray thay put it in the wx update. I aint buying no 800w.
    Last edited by codyppc; 11/19/2006 at 03:26 PM.
    The lack of voice dialing via bt doesn't bother me that much, I just need the a2dp support. The 700's are very capable to handle a2dp. It almost works now if it weren't for the periodic lags. I have a few more things I'm going to try tonight. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

Palm could easily provide a2dp via an update. I'm hoping the next w or wx update will include it. It should then be easy to extract the new stack from one to the other.
    Well I have exhausted my ideas on this for now. I've replaced the entire bluetooth stack on the 700wx with the 750v's. There has been no improvement on the a2dp lag issue and still no voice dialing or pda sounds over bt. So the stack is not the issue here or there needs to be additional tweaks to the stack specifically for the 700wx hardware. And that only Palm can provide.

We are back to waiting for Palm to provide an update. And I'm back to considering the 750w when it comes out.
    thanks for trying. I hate hearing the thought of you leaving, but I understand. you have contributed a lot to this forum.
    I won't be leaving the forum, don't worry.
    hannip ive been kepping an eye on this thread.I appreciate you taking the time trying to make this BT upgrade happen on the wx...many thanks
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast