1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Crazy as it may sound, does anyone how I can select GPRS service over 3G on the Treo 750 - reason being GPRS supposedly consumes a lot less battery compared to 3G. Alternatively, how can I turn 3G off on my phone?

The folks at singnet (a Singapore moblie operator) told me that I am unable to do that in Singapore and they automatically select whichever speed is faster for the phone, i.e. 3G in this case.

Anyway, in the last 13 hours, I've only synced my email once, spoke on the phone for no more than 45 minutes (bluetooth), sent/received maybe 20 messages and I only have 40% left on my battery. I can't imagine that I would last a full day when I'm back to my normal days...

Thanks!
    your right, it sounds crazy :-) I don't think thats possible.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Nope, not possible. Disconnect from your data connection when not using it.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Nope, not possible. Disconnect from your data connection when not using it.
    I did disconnect my data connection when not using it (actually only used it once for less than 5 mins today), but it still somehow consumed a lot of battery. I even double and triple checked to make sure during the day.
  5. ms8
    go to phone settings, select Services tab, there is an option called Band selection. Select GSM, that should work....
    On my universal it is possible. I don't know about the 750v, but under phone I can select band, and if I don't chose the 3G bands I only get GPRS.

Surur
    Yes, band selection lets you pick Auto, GSM, or UMTS. That should work, I tried it briefly on UMTS only to see if it would stop the switching between UMTS and GSM on a low signal.

Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    go to phone settings, select Services tab, there is an option called Band selection. Select GSM, that should work....
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes, band selection lets you pick Auto, GSM, or UMTS. That should work, I tried it briefly on UMTS only to see if it would stop the switching between UMTS and GSM on a low signal.
    Wow, that's cool. Obviously us HTC Wizard owners don't have that that option since the device doesn't have 3G.

One things' for sure. If (when) I get a 750 for use on Cingular, I most certainly am getting one of those extended (same size as original) batteries.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Wow, that's cool. Obviously us HTC Wizard owners don't have that that option since the device doesn't have 3G.

One things' for sure. If (when) I get a 750 for use on Cingular, I most certainly am getting one of those extended (same size as original) batteries.
    Where can you get one of those batteries? Lion Battery?