1.    #1  
    Has any new 750v owner found that they are unable to send file via bluetooth? I get this msg saying "the device does not have available service" when I try to send my mp3 ring tone and a windows mobile theme i d/led from MS web site. Is there a registry hack I need to do to enable file transfer via BT? If it helps I'm sending it via a Mac.
    The problem is that you need to go into the connections settings, click on beam setting and turn it on. Microsoft in their wisdom, treats both IR and bluetooth as "beams". Once you do that it will work.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. ms8
    doesn't work for me either.... using Macbook Pro... will try my PC on Monday.
    I'm doing it fine with a MacBook Pro. You need to make sure the option in the beaming connections is on, otherwise it won't work. You will get a message saying the file type is recognized, but tell it to go ahead and it will transfer.
    I read somewhere that voda blocks this on their phones to male you send over 3G Data, to take your money.
    Not true, at least on my unlocked one, I didn't test this before unlocking. I have a vodaphone one. I can send and receive files on it via bluetooth fine. As I've said the only trick is that you need to go into connection settings, click on beam, then click on receive all incoming beams.

On mine, this seems to turn itself off now and then. I'm not sure when it's doing this, maybe after a soft-reset. But make sure that is on and you will absolutely be able to send files via bluetooth (assuming you have bluetooth on also).
  7. ms8
    oh great! it works now. thanks
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, it works for me now. Although I don't see the point why having a separate icon just for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Not true, at least on my unlocked one, I didn't test this before unlocking. I have a vodaphone one. I can send and receive files on it via bluetooth fine. As I've said the only trick is that you need to go into connection settings, click on beam, then click on receive all incoming beams.

On mine, this seems to turn itself off now and then. I'm not sure when it's doing this, maybe after a soft-reset. But make sure that is on and you will absolutely be able to send files via bluetooth (assuming you have bluetooth on also).
    I have done this more than 100 times and I am not able to send an MP3 ringtone to another phone. Both phones are paired and are in discoverable mode. They can see each other, but when transfering file from Settings > Personal Tab > Sounds and Notifications > Manage > higglighting a song > menu > beam sound. It finds the phone and it says to hit tap to send.... It keeps saying failed.
    Is there another way to do this? What am I doing wrong?
    I am also unable to send pictures....

It finds the phone, tell me to 'tap to send' then it say pending, then FAILED.

Help me out guys.