1.    #1  
    is there a text message app like palms that has quick text and emotion icons? thanks!
    Lol
    too funny
    omfg
    haha
  6.    #6  
    what is so funny? I am brand new to WM. I have used palm since the palm pilot days so this is all new. I could find nothing in search. At least the palm side of this forum they try to help newbies, and not jeer at them.
    well they are laughing because there is one active topic on this forum that is taling about the threaded text
  8.    #8  
    I understand. But does WM have the ability to have quick text and emotion icons like Palm? Or is there a replacement app that does? Thank you for answering politelty though!
    Come on. This is no
    here ya go buddy

read all about it here

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126746
    Thanks for linking him to the proper forum. Do people not realize that when someone posts a question that has already been answered and everyone makes rude comments or tells him to search it is very destructive to the forums?

If noone were to post some answer threads, this thread would show up in the search results and waste even more time because there are no answers.
    well, i will help out, but i must say... i dont think he did his homework first.

i have been around the fouums for a long time. nextel forums for like five years, 6700 forums for a year, and since my first treo was the 700p, treo forums for just a couple months.

1) a pesron must read, read, read. this is where i have learned the most. you'll find answers to questions you never though you had.

2) search, search, search. the search isn't perfect. what i'm saying is search for different key words. for this topic i could have searched for sms, threaded sms, text message, messaging, ect.

the poster asked for "is there a text message app like palms that has quick text and emotion icons? thanks"

bottom line... if the poster would have just read he would have found on the first page a stick titled "Step By Step Install: Sms Threading"
    i realize if he didn't know what threaded was it wouldn't grab you but he spent some time just reading the forum it self he would have known.

if he would have searched for "text message app", just like he worded it, you would have found http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=5677222 that results this thread, the problem with sending text thread, and a 445 post thread and the app from the 750v.

i just want to say if people want to keep the boards clean, you need to read more and search better.

not tring to flame anyone, this forum is one of the best out there for helping before flaming, but sometimes, like when there is two answers on the same page of there post, it's hard not to get fustrated.

hope this helps someone, cody
    I'm sorry, I actually thought it was someone playing a joke. There was soooooo much attention on the text app the it woke Palm up to get it removed from the xda site. I couldn't believe someone could've missed it since it was glowing brightly on the first page of the forum.

I'm still thinking it's someone trying to pull one over on us.
    Speaking of text messaging, anyone have problems sending messages to Verizon or T-mobile users but are able to receive just fine? Has anyone tried contacting Sprint or Palm about this?

And how do I remove the Sprint/BT logo on my today screen? It's really annoying and takes up valuable screen realestate.

Thanks!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Speaking of text messaging, anyone have problems sending messages to Verizon or T-mobile users but are able to receive just fine? Has anyone tried contacting Sprint or Palm about this?

And how do I remove the Sprint/BT logo on my today screen? It's really annoying and takes up valuable screen realestate.

Thanks!
    While I'm busy searching for the answers to these questions for you, what's your today screen look like? Do you know anything about GPS for the Treo? Does the WX really have 64 megs of PROGRAM memory and not just extra storage memory? Oh, what size, brand, and color of flash card are you using? Where do I find a better price then what you paid? Thx,
    Hey I can't seem to get voice dialing to work with my bluetooth headset. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hey I can't seem to get voice dialing to work with my bluetooth headset. Any ideas?
    i thought no treao has a2dp or avrcp...so how would vc work with BT? if u can make it work that would be terrific...pls let me know how!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I just push down the button on the side of the phone and talk loudly into my headset and it works 73.33 (repeating)% of the time!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey.... whats a Treo?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....